Need tips for sentry level in difficult

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Sargon

Need tips for sentry level in difficult

Post by Sargon » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:58 am

I have been trying a bit to pass this level, with no success.
My thechnique is trying to make knives throwing kills as much as possible.
If that doesnt work, I try doing rabbit kick.
I also try to counter close attacks some times, bu that doesnt work so well.
I have only managed to finish all the rabbits in the level except for one, from which I died by doing a rabbit kick on him.
I also was never able to sneak someone and make a spine attack, or however that is called

Do you have any tips of passing this level?

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:46 am

Here's my approach; these techniques will work, although you may need to practice to get them all right. Your mileage may vary.

After the dialogue screens, immediately run directly to the left corner of the block in front of you. Jump and pull yourself up, and immediately run up behind the bunny in front of you.

You can do a Spinecrusher on him pretty easily; run directly into him from behind, stop and press your Attack button (I use mouse 1) and you should SC him. (If you're moving when you attack, you'll do a Roundhouse Kick.) Hold your pick up/throw key (I use mouse 2) while doing this to grab his knife; now you have two.

Run, roll and jump towards the next block; use Mouse Jump if you've mastered it. As you approach the block, one bunny should be facing away from you on the far side of the block, and one should be approaching along the top of the block from the right. Try to jump onto the block directly (without having to pull yourself up) and rush the far bunny, ignoring the near one for now.

Approach him the same way as the first one you killed; with a knife in hand, you're gonna Trach him. Once he's down, turn and deal with the second bunny. Choose your favorite method; he's nothing special.

If this isn't working, you can also run to the top of the hill overlooking the block and wait until both bunnies are together, facing away. You can now try to run in for a Trach, or jump and flip for a Ninja knife throw.

Once both bunnies are down, run towards the block at the bottom of the hill. (Make sure you still have two knives; you'll need them later.) Wait at a safe distance until the bunny has his back to you. Run and jump up, and run up behind him for a Trach; he's unusually susceptible to them. Don't miss; this guy's fast and tough and armored: it often takes more than 2 Bullseyes to kill him. Trachs are safe, easy and fast.

When he's dead, jump up the hill, aiming for the half buried blocks to the right of the block with the three bunnies. Use Mouse Jump here too, if you're in a hurry. Once you arrive at the ridge at the top, wait close enough to attract one bunny, but not so close you alert the others.

When the near bunny jumps down and runs at you, wait until he's close and BE him. Move a bit closer, attract the second bunny, repeat as above. After he dies, wait until the third bunny turns and walks towards the back edge of the block overlooking the steep hill. As he approaches the edge, run and jump up to the top, and run at him for a Cannon Leg. He'll sail for a long time, and die when he hits the ground.

You're done. Send in your dispatch. Prepare to invade the Raider Base.

Feral Youth

Post by Feral Youth » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:14 am

The above method is the skillful one, but if you want to be cheesy you can use the fact that doing multiple flips in a row confuses the AI.

What you do sheathe your knife, wait until the enemy rabbit runs close to you (but not close enough to grab your legs when you jump), and jump. Do exactly 3 flips while maneuvering to land behind your enemy (you can actually move while in the air, although not too much). Once behind him, you have about a second to quickly draw your knife and stab him in the throat. As soon as he is down, blackflip away from any of his buddies who may be present and repeat.

I expect that this sounds complicated if you've never done it, and I admit that I beat the whole game the normal way before I mastered this, but if you learn to do it you can get flawless victories with ease on every level that contains a knife or sword.