The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
eyeCube

eyeCube Map Pack 2

Post by eyeCube » Wed May 22, 2013 1:14 pm

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

ZIP: http://host-a.net/u/eyeCube/eyeCube_Map_Pack_2.zip
RAR: http://host-a.net/u/eyeCube/eyeCube_Map_Pack_2.rar

Screenshots:

After many long hours playing with the laughably bad map editor, my brother and I have produced 14 new challenging, diverse, and fun Challenge maps. We're proud of our hard work and want to give it to Wolfire and its amazing community as a return gift (I received Lugaru from Wolfire for free in a Christmas event).

An optional download is this Ninja Mask clothes piece. Two of my maps load this texture, so it is recommended. Right click, choose "save link as..." keep its name and place it in your Lugaru/Data/Textures folder.
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo28 ... jamask.png

As a side note,

Thanks very much to you, the Wolfire community, who have allowed Wolfire to grow and flourish, and you, Wolfire, for providing me and my brother with 100's of hours of challenging fun and laughs. (Lugaru is f'cking funny!)
Last edited by eyeCube on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Count Roland

Re: eyeCube Map Pack 2

Post by Count Roland » Wed May 22, 2013 11:57 pm

did you try out rudel ic's dedit? it's quite helpful.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Thu May 23, 2013 2:25 pm

I didn't make dedit!! It's from Smok. And it is very helpful indeed. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4714

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Thu May 23, 2013 9:28 pm

oops! I'm embarrassed, I'd forgotten and rather than searching the forums to see who'd created it I just credited you.

eyeCube

Post by eyeCube » Fri May 24, 2013 12:43 pm

Unfortunately, Dedit never worked properly for us. But I was under the impression that Dedit was only for dialogue. Dialogue wasn't necessary for the challenge maps. Am I mistaken?

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri May 24, 2013 2:58 pm

That's accurate. I made a map editor for Blender 2.49 way back when, you can read about it here, it has its quirks, but allows placement without hopping around: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6306

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat May 25, 2013 12:03 am

I do like to use dedit to make my object placement neater, make sure the numbers are nice and even and whatnot.

eyeCube

Post by eyeCube » Sat May 25, 2013 8:20 am

Well, despite our lack of knowledge on that subject, the maps still turned out great. They all ended up being quite different from what we had in mind but that isn't a bad thing. It's created some interesting environments despite the lack of resources available to us.

Holy shit.

Rudel IC, that editor looks absolutely amazing. You must have spent so much time on it. That topic ought to be stickied! Well, if I had known about THAT, I might currently be half a month in the past!

But I regret nothing. Like I said, the maps turned out great anyway, and they're a blast to play. Has anyone tried any of them yet?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat May 25, 2013 10:19 am

eyeCube wrote:That topic ought to be stickied! Well, if I had known about THAT, I might currently be half a month in the past!?
Done.

Since I don't spend as much time playing Lugaru anymore (issues with newer computers and the game, not a lack of desire to play) I can't try these maps. But, I am excited that people are still modding the
game!

Let me know if there are any other threads that should be stickied.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sun May 26, 2013 3:11 pm

Anton wrote: Let me know if there are any other threads that should be stickied.
I'd say un-sticky my map editing topic -- sticky this one instead because it references all modding threads etc: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6297

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun May 26, 2013 3:30 pm

rudel_ic wrote:
Anton wrote: Let me know if there are any other threads that should be stickied.
I'd say un-sticky my map editing topic -- sticky this one instead because it references all modding threads etc: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6297
Your wish is my command.

TheOrganist

Post by TheOrganist » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:18 pm

I didn't have much time but i played through the first couple levels and they were a lot of fun! Thanks for the great maps, it's been so long since anyone's put out anything new and all the old stuff's gotten kinda stale haha.