Difficulty curve?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
AmorphousGamer

Difficulty curve?

Post by AmorphousGamer » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:57 pm

WHERE DA FUCK IS IT? : P
The first few levels, fine. Then you get to the base, and I had to try like 15 times before I started making progress, and an extra 15 times to actually get it right. I guess that wasn't too bad, but there should never be a period of "no challenge here" then directly afterwards "OMG RIDICULOUSLY HARD." Then, the levels were easy, taking a max 5 tries to figure it all out and complete it. Then I got to the 3 wolves level. I've tried probably about 65 times now and have never killed the second wolf. The closest I've ever gotten is killing the first wolf (taking no damage on that fight), then luring the second wolf back to a field, turning to fight him, and getting one-hitted by a swipe far too fast to even think about reversing. That nearly made me ragequit. Just now I got one-hit by the first wolf after trying to do a leg-sweep, getting blocked, then thrown into a cliff face. I nearly ragequit there as well, but I decided to sit here and rant for a minute before trying a few more times. : P

akazi

Re: Difficulty curve?

Post by akazi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:25 pm

The game is so unforgiving it is ridicules. :twisted:

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:42 pm

Well, I just beat that level. Without taking a single hit. The answer was right in front of me the whole time.
I killed the first wolf same as always - he was never a problem. But then I tried something different. I used the first wolf's body to kill the second one. And the second's body to kill the third. They die in 3 hits from the bodies, and if you jump-flip over their heads it's easy to get enough distance to do this. Well fuck. It's kind of dissapointing that the answer is so simple and easy. : P

tannim

Post by tannim » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:26 am

Yes, Corpse Cannon(as I like to call it) is very much overpowered.

There are a variety of ways to take out the wolves, Corpse Cannon being, of course, the easiest.

It is fully possible to fairly fight them, but you do need practice doing so.

You can trip one and quickly crouch and attack to stab the knife through it's chest, surprisingly difficult to time/aim right.

You can flip in the air to confuse it and throw the knife while in the air, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. If the knife gets stuck, trip the wolf and use the weapon pickup.

Just trip the wolf until, comically, it eventually dies(takes a long time).

That level is complained about a lot, feel free to read other strategies.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Yeah, the only way I've found so far to fairly beat them without any cheap tricks is to throw the knife into them, trip them up, then roll over them and pull out the knife. Keep in mind I only play on Difficult, so if I get hit 3 times I'm dead, often twice, and sometimes even once.
(I have gotten about 30x better than I was when I first posted here.)

LemonsAndDragons

Post by LemonsAndDragons » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:14 pm

David was playing Roller Coaster Tycoon while deciding on the difficulty curve.