Lugaru RP

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:36 am

Dahar nodded.

Dahar: "Probably."

He turned to Sage.

Dahar: "Um, you're Sage, right? Could you have a look to see if you have anything that could help here in that pack of yours?"

He thought for a moment.

Dahar: "Hold on, I might have something in here…"

He reached into a pouch on his belt.

Dahar: "Poison, poison, poison, ukelele… Just kidding, poison, ink? No wait, that's poison also. Hmm, palm leaves… Wonder why I have those in here…"

Dahar pulled out the palm leaves and examined them for a moment.

Dahar: "Ah right, that's why… They make good rope, and they're pretty rare. Wonder why I like rare things…"

He put the leaves on Sarah's wounds, pressing them slightly 'till they stuck to the blood that drenched her.

There, that should do while we get some real bandages.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:57 am

Shadow looked at the bunnyess on the floor. "Well that was random. First we get rabid rabbits, then wolves, then raiders, and now we have a bleeding-to-death rabbit.*sigh* Why must i always be launched into these complicated plots whenever i go out for a drink?" He watched Dahar place the temporary leaf-bandages on her wounds and looked at sage. "I knew your name because i happened to go through your old village once pursuing some raiders and i saw you when i came out." He said. "I have a good memory for these things." He added. "Hey Odin! Hurry up with those bandages! I can't stand to see another rabbit injured... unless i cause it, of course.", he finished grinning.

Sage

Post by Sage » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:45 pm

Sage looked VERY narrow-eyed at Shadow. "My old village?"

He took the bandages that fell from his backpack and put them in a place within easy reach. Then he took a few plants and examined them before tossing them asaide. He moved as quickly as he could and in a moment he held two somewhat different plants. He plucked some leaves off of each. "I need something to grind these in, like a mortar and pestle..."

((I'm assuming if we've developed bandages, sewing needles, and glass windows we've developed something as simple as a mortar and pestle.))

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:50 pm

Odin hands Sage a cup and a pestle.
"Its what I use to grind up stuff for drinks, so I need it back."

Sage

Post by Sage » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:11 pm

"Sure thing." Sage says taking the items. He begins grinding the herbs into the cup as quickly as he can. "Considering this is a bar I assume you have alcohol, I'll need a bit of that."

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:13 pm

Odin hands him a cheap bottle of cooking sherry.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:29 pm

Shadow just watches the whole scene, and decides to help. "I have an idea- i used to have to do this to myself when i ran out of bandages, its pretty painful but shes out cold and it works." Without further ado, he took one of his knives, cut off the hair around the wounds after taking off the leaves, and then pulled out a box of flint (( im using flint because im not sure if they've developed matches yet )) and set a nearby tooth pick on fire. Leaning close to the wounds, he pinched up the skin around them and started sealing them shut with the heat. "Well hopefully i haven't burned off her spleen or anything, but this should hold for a while. She'll need bandages because the skin will rupture itself when it starts to regenerate, but she should be fine." He got back up, put the flame out, and hoped no one would oppose what he just did. "Try to hurry up with that alcohol-rare-healing-herbs juice mix Sage, we need to disinfect the wound before we put on bandages." Hmmm i wonder if she'll attack me when she wakes up for burning her skin shut shadow thought. People can be crazy like that sometimes... like that squirrel who wanted milk... this Dahar wolf guy who wants to be friendly... the idiot who stabbed this girl... me... oh god i've seriously got issues, don't i?

Sage

Post by Sage » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:13 pm

((I don't know if you can cauterize a wound with wood... but I'm just going to assume it's possible in this case))

Sage poured a little of the alchohol into the mix and moved to the injured rabbit. "Yknow, if cauterizing the wound is for when you have no bandages, then what you did was pointless." He says and starts applying the mixture. "However, I'm not quite sure if it's specifically for that purpose, so don't worry about it." After putting the last of the stuff on, he got the bandages and started applying them.

"This should hold over for now. I'm not sure if we have to suture the wounds though."

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:17 pm

Sage wrote:((I don't know if you can cauterize a wound with wood... but I'm just going to assume it's possible in this case))

Sage poured a little of the alchohol into the mix and moved to the injured rabbit. "Yknow, if cauterizing the wound is for when you have no bandages, then what you did was pointless." He says and starts applying the mixture. "However, I'm not quite sure if it's specifically for that purpose, so don't worry about it." After putting the last of the stuff on, he got the bandages and started applying them.

"This should hold over for now. I'm not sure if we have to suture the wounds though."

I have to post later, no one post for now im editing this! I need to look something up.

EDIT: ok then...

"The point was to seal the wound through the cauterization - although i admit the burning tissue thing is a bad side effect, it also helps to coagulate the blood and slow down the flow of it," he said to sage. "Who cares about a little burn if your dying from a wound and cauterization will save you? And besides, the heat kills bacteria already on the flesh that could've crept into the wound... She'll be fine."

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:10 am

"Unless of course, she's bleeding internally, then you've just sentenced her to a slow painful death."

Sage

Post by Sage » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:44 am

"If she was bleeding internally that wouldn't be much I could do about it anyways." he says shrugging. "I'm not much of a doctor."

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:18 pm

"Though there is a good chance she is- these are stab wounds, and judging by how wide each wound was, the knife or sword used in attacking her was over a foot long; if the blade ever went all the way through she's screwed."

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:36 pm

Sage wrote:((I don't know if you can cauterize a wound with wood... but I'm just going to assume it's possible in this case))
(A small open flame can get pretty hot, so it should be possible.)

Dahar: "Sorry to intrude on your "Research" here, but would now be a good time to think about who did this to her?"

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:48 pm

"I have four guesses," shadow said. "1: A raider, 2: A wolf, 3: A pus infected wolf or raider. 4: Some psychopath. That's not important now- we can ask her when she wakes up." If she wakes up said a small nagging voice in his head. He looked at the still body again and felt an almost pitiful feeling. Was he actually feeling remorse- an emotion he thought he didn't possess?

(( throughout the story he's going to be having a battle in his mind because of the agony, shock, loss, and trauma he's felt in his past- i just decided to do it because i can't make really big changes in anyone but my character, and also because i'm temporarily out of ideas for the current situation =P ))

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:55 pm

Dahar: "Not exactly easy to figure out a whodunnit situation, is it? Well, not much to do until she comes to, then…"

Dahar: "On a side note, are you out of water, unwilling to serve my kind, or just didn't hear me?"