New races in L2?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Toastmaster

New races in L2?

Post by Toastmaster » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:42 am

The search bar wasnt pulling up any results, so I thought I'd start this topic.

I thought that maybe a bipedal elephant race could be encountered at one point, who can deal massive damage with forward puches, stun others by mauling them with tusks, and can hurl people long distances with their trunks. Couldnt wield weapons though.....

And what about, like, cougars? I'd like to see that, since therea are wolves and all.

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:51 am

No offense, but a bipedal elephant would look really wierd. I mean, come on, they're awkward enough on four legs... imagine what they would be like on two... :? I do like the concept, though, and I suppose if said elephant lost some pounds and had less girth on its arms/front legs, it wouldn't be quite so bad... but it would still be wierd...

Cougars/panthers/any other kind of cat would be interesting. And anthropomorphic cats are kind of mainstream, nowadays (I blame Albion). So it's a fairly safe bet.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:22 am

Bipedal elephants are quite common in 2D cartoons, and they don't look weird at all. Well, if you don't count the elephant in a suit and tie riding an elevator…

Toastmaster

Post by Toastmaster » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:30 am

Dude, its really sad that I can remeber the name of aforementioned elephant in a suit....

But yeah, I could probably draw a concept and post it here, I'm pretty good at that kind of stuff, I could make it look.... not akward.

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:14 am

I tip my hat to you if you can... even for me visualising it, in all possible ways, they just look wierd... I think it's the oversized head...

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:50 am

Shrink the head, and increase the boob size :roll:
Thats how all game developers make there female chairctors :P

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:58 am

What's that got to do with elephants...? Wait, no, never mind, I really don't want to know... *shudder*...

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:01 am

I do :D lol

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:34 pm

When game Developers such as blizzard make computer games with females of any kind in them, they get the male model, decrease there size compared to the males, Lengthen there legs till there almost the same hight, Shrink the head, smoothen the crouch, and increase breast size.
some times they push the sides in to look more like an hour glass :wink:

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:49 pm

The moral of the story: Nobody wants a fat-ass.

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:25 am

But I still don't see what that has to do with elephants.

You are exactly right, though, Col. That's mostly because the models are modular - arms, hands, legs, are all separate models with animations, so you can just alter the male body model and stick a different head on it. It looks like crap, but it's cheap.

Meanwhile, poor David probably has to completely redesign the head and body to allow for decent-looking procedural-skeletal animation goodness.

Or maybe he's got some other easy method of doing it. I don't know.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:38 am

:idea: I had a thought: Piggys!

Pigs are one of the most characterized animals I have seen.
Some say that we are closer related to the pig than the Ape.
(In one case, I can agree with that fully... man there was this retard accountant guy I knew. He was a SLOB! how ever, only reason he was one up on me was because of his mathematics ability. How ever, He could barely look after himself, He smelled worst than a pig, some times his six inch beard that he failed to trim would have crabs running around in it! (yes... CRABS!) Snot globs, and some times, other bodily fluids I wish not to talk about! He would sway on one foot to the next like a MORON DANCE, and hold his hands just around his crutch like he was holding a woman while going animal style/doggy. He was a Disturbing man! I will also add he is a Christian fanatic :evil: )

Pigs/Bores could be one of the most interesting races to fight. Thick skind, powerful enough, just maybe, to take on a wolf (I have seen some of my mates dogs get Ripped apart by these wild ones, it kind of screws you up when a pig trys to rip your leg off, and your buddies dog takes a cap in the ass for you, getting mashed in the process :cry:
Its like you owe it one but cant repay it the favor)

Toastmaster

Post by Toastmaster » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:20 pm

Yeah, pigs would be a cool addition. But they wouldnt make for much of a warrior race, probably lean more towards the intellectual side.

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:21 pm

Ever been tusked by a wild boar? Didn't think so. Those things will easily tear a foot-long gash in your leg. Now tell me they wouldn't make a good warrior race.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:15 pm

They are omnivorous man!
And very clean, contrary to most belief.