Lugaru is released!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:51 pm

Can I use the registration key for the mac and windows version when it comes out?

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:06 pm

oh. I've never submitted anything before...

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:09 pm

hdlsa wrote:Can I use the registration key for the mac and windows version when it comes out?
Yes.

Keep in mind that the game news sites are closed for the weekend, so the press releases still haven't come out yet 8)

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:40 pm

Where are they going to do the press release? Apple? IMG? Oh, and David, Lugaru is a little bit too addicting. :? My brother nearly beat the crud out of my computer because he couldn't beat the "Raider Sentries" level. Also I would like to know if you're going to make a strategy guide for Lugaru, I need one since I'm stuck on Challenge 11 and To Alpha Wolf in Story. If not could you please tell me an easy way to beat wolves? I've tried everything. :(

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:21 pm

A strategy guide might be a good idea; I think Zip here on the forum wrote one, but I could write another one.

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:49 pm

ok. flip over him, knife him in the back, then roll over him and pull it out of him. dead! 8)

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:01 pm

It is difficult to get the ground stab in though, as wolves stand up so quickly.
I did have a strategy guide, with optimized routes for speed/score for nearly all the levels, along with fighting tips. Its out of date though as it was written for the old 5 level build.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:18 pm

I remember you had a general strategy guide. That would be useful

Lugaruman100
The wolfire forum member with no title.

Post by Lugaruman100 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:51 pm

David wrote:Keep in mind that the game news sites are closed for the weekend, so the press releases still haven't come out yet 8)
You got a point there. I'm hoping that apples game section will post it.

So far, the amont of people who downloaded lugaru is kind of a small number. Not a lot of people are downloading it off of macgamefiles.com. Basicly macupdate has the most but still it's small compared to other sharewere games. Oh well, look on the bright deisde at least theres just about 1000 people who downloaded it total. :wink:

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:36 pm

I think it's small compared to other shareware games because it came out yesterday rather than months ago

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:40 pm

Unfortunetly that is true Lugaruman. :( On MGF Escape Velocity: Nova and Deimos Rising (DR came free with my com) have set the Shareware record with this:
Deimos Rising---------EV:Nova------Bugdom
98,774--------------- 266,018------82,722
Yeah, sadly those are the numbers compared to Lugaru at about 3,000 downloads which is INCREDIBLE since this is ONLY THE SECOND DAY! Woo Hoo! David's going to be rich! Yay! More games from David!

Blorx
(I added Bugdom for...I don't know, entertainment?)
Also Zip, I heard you made a Christmas Skin for Turner where can I get it? If it's on lugaru.tk I can't get it because Safari can't find Lugaru.tk so, just give me a link and instructions on how to use it if you can. Thanks!

Naman

Post by Naman » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:09 pm

Well, for one, the other games have been out for some time, as was mentioned before, and another important point is that they're also published by companies like Ambrosia and Pangea, which have been around for some time, and have released previous shareware hits. Considering Lugaru is the first really 'big' offering by Wolfire, I'd say it's doing rather well, and it should get even more attention in the coming week.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:22 pm

Not to mention that all of the above games are sequels to popular games (I would consider bugdom a sequel.)

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:45 pm

Thats odd Blorx.. loads fine in Firefox.
http://zip.avara.net/lugaru/santa.zip
Enjoy, I don't know if I included a readme, just made a duplicate of /Data/Textures/Fur3.jpg and replace the original with the Santa fur3. When you tire of it(quickly) just delete the santa one and restpre the original.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:14 pm

Ok, thanks Zip. And Jeff, if Bugdom is a sequel what is it a sequel to?
Also it is true that the others have been out for a while and Lugaru only a few days...but, seeing the downloads on Lugaru so far, I'd say it's awesome! I registered as you can see and I've played all of the other games...BUT this is the best one yet! It has action, easy controls, and rabbits! Just the game I want to play. But I think that you should put some kind of advisory for the game content like PG-13 or Teen for Blood and (intense) Violence or R/Mature for Blood and Gore(aka carcasses) (intense) Violence or you could just leave it alone. I also would like a Mod or Conversion of some sort where the wolves become rabbits and vice versa. (If one of you can. If not that's ok.)

Blorx (sincerely)