Lugaru is released!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:28 pm

You could make your own campaign playing as a wolf, Lugaru needs lots and lots of user made levels.
You can also make and submit clothes for your rabbits/wolves to wear, then other map makers can use your creations in their own maps!

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:45 pm

If you tell me how to I may be able to...I'd be glad to help! :D Also I made some pretty funny looks for Turner you just remove fur3.jpg so it doesn't get deleted, then copy another fur and change it to fur3.jpg and lastly play! HAHAHAHA! :lol: sorry I gave Turner a wolf's texture and the mouth was on his (hahaha!) ear! :lol: AH HA HA HA HA!

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:45 pm

I have a doc here somewhere that tells how to do it with some suggestions for what to make.. hm. I'll upload it tonight.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:48 pm

That sounds good. While I'm here, FrozenThunder, could you give me the
"Apple" skin for Turner? I mean the one in you're pic under your name on this forum.

Lugaru Newbie

Lugaru

Post by Lugaru Newbie » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:44 pm

I downloaded Lugaru and played the demo. I think this game is fun.
But before I register I would like to know how long the game is. I played through the demo in *hard* in 2 hours.

George the Flea

Post by George the Flea » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:28 pm

Lugaru Newbie:

The demo is perhaps a fourth to a third of the length of the game. Playing on the easiest difficulty setting I was able to beat the game in the last two days.

However, the challenge levels add quite a bit of fun, and it sounds like there will be user-made levels available as well. I'd recommend registering just for that, or at the very least to make sure David keeps creating games and/or expanding Lugaru.

George the Flea

almondblight

Post by almondblight » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:55 pm

George the Flea wrote: I'd recommend registering just for that, or at the very least to make sure David keeps creating games and/or expanding Lugaru.
Agreed, Indie developers like these are the lifeblood of mac gaming, and make gaming in general a lot less banal. I'm really interested in what Wolfire has coming around the bend (I do understand that post-production work on Lugaru will take some time though).

Lugaruman100
The wolfire forum member with no title.

Post by Lugaruman100 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:54 pm

almondblight wrote:Agreed, Indie developers like these are the lifeblood of mac gaming, and make gaming in general a lot less banal. I'm really interested in what Wolfire has coming around the bend (I do understand that post-production work on Lugaru will take some time though).
I agree.

Not that many people downloaded lugaru through the past 3 days. But so far the total downloads for it are allmost 4000.

DudetheCreator

Post by DudetheCreator » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:48 pm

their needs to be a lugaru files site

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:56 pm

Hm... Lugaru Dot Tk? O.o

almondblight

Post by almondblight » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:33 pm

Lugaruman100 wrote: Not that many people downloaded lugaru through the past 3 days. But so far the total downloads for it are allmost 4000.
The two mac gaming sites seem to do a pretty poor job of spreading info about indie mac games, which should be one of their main focuses. They tend to give more press to sims-expansion packs and games that could possibly be ported sometime in the future. As a result, it can be difficult to get information out there (I know there are probably a lot more people who would enjoy Lugaru but don't know about it).

If someone has a lot of time on their hands, a mac gaming indie site is much needed. Most of the time I only stumble upon the games from forum posts or browsing macgamefiles.

DudetheCreator

Post by DudetheCreator » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:34 pm

i'm sure plenty of people have lots of time, but I'm also sure that plenty of those ppl are too lazy, like me

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:10 pm

Lugaruman100 wrote: Not that many people downloaded lugaru through the past 3 days. But so far the total downloads for it are allmost 4000.
iDevGames

Lugaruman100
The wolfire forum member with no title.

Post by Lugaruman100 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:24 pm

almondblight wrote:The two mac gaming sites seem to do a pretty poor job of spreading info about indie mac games, which should be one of their main focuses. They tend to give more press to sims-expansion packs and games that could possibly be ported sometime in the future. As a result, it can be difficult to get information out there (I know there are probably a lot more people who would enjoy Lugaru but don't know about it).

NO! REALLY?

DudetheCreator

Post by DudetheCreator » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:58 pm

Is that sarcasm?