Lugaru 2 suggestion that I do not think has been given

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Munchkin9

Lugaru 2 suggestion that I do not think has been given

Post by Munchkin9 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:43 pm

This might not be possible but it would make the combat even funner if it worked more like real combat in the aspect that it is actually just retaliation after retaliation...etc. Now this might be impossible because of the number of moves that would have to be programmed in. Or it would make it repetitive if it redid the same moves again and again.

However, this leads me to another of my impossible ideas: What if you could create your own moves in a sort of "editor" where you would move the limbs of the rabbit (toribash style, if you know that, except using the mouse) then save them with conditions (enemy attack coming in this general area marked by a box, moving, jumping, etc) (obviously this is not completely fleshed out).

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:34 pm

I would like one of these, on the condition that it is a mod-making tool, not a full fleshed gameplay element. Somehow spending hours in a tent working out the best way to shred your enemy into a thousand pieces doesn't appeal to me.

MONKEYZ RULE
mashed patatos and whipped cream
Location: Somewhere too warm for a jacket, yet too cold for shorts.

Post by MONKEYZ RULE » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:47 pm

i really like this idea! i'd love a move editor like that, i can make uke into 2 peices within 30 frames without a mod, all that has changed is 140cm. lol.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:53 pm

I can make uke into 18 pieces in 500 frames with no mod >_> Can never get the feet to dismember, damn them all. Anyways i would really like this. You would have a limited number of moves though, only enough as the default number. It would be fun making your own punches and kicks and stuff.

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:19 am

Interestingly, Invertin, David has mentioned that he is currently working on a procedural physics editor, and that if successful, he will implement it in L2.

That said, it would be interesting to have an extremely dumbed down version of this in the game, in that you can have a number of preset responses to certain conditions (sort of like the Gambit system in FFXII, only with movements instead of actions) and these would then be linked together procedurally to make fighting techniques.

For example, (this is in programming language, in the game it would be more like a drop-down system or something)

AttackRegion = LArm (the attack is in the vicinity of Turner's left arm)
AttackPressed = True (this might not be necessary)
Grab_R = ATTACK_PART (turn so back is facing enemy while grabbing the attacking part)
Throw = Forward (Turner then throws the attacking part in the direction he is facing...)
Elevation = 15 (...at a 15 degree angle)

You could have all sorts of fun with this kind of thing. Of course, it wouldn't be anything like the simple programming language above, more like a graphical representation of Turner with a 'ghost' rabbit attacking him, with the changes to the settings being reflected to show what the final move looks like. In fact, this would be pretty cool, as you could define your own fighting style, whether you did a lot of grabbing and throwing, or a lot of specific punches to legs and arms to incapacitate enemies, or powerful kicks to the head for the maximum damage.

Of course, it would also have to be balanced, so that no particular combo will be significantly more powerful than the other, so more damage = more risk.

Munchkin9

Post by Munchkin9 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:34 pm

Actually that is so brilliant an idea that it gave me another idea: What is you could put these move in "sets" and allow the player to change between the sets effectively making "fighting techniques" that the player could switch between for different situations (example: Wolf, rabbit, single enemy, multiple enemy etc.).

Savvy?

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:49 am

Makes a lot of sense, actually.

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:32 pm

eh.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:32 pm

zatoichi wrote:eh.
Congratulations, you've devolved.

Interesting idea, however I could see people ending up breaking the system and making some over-powered combo.

Munchkin9

Post by Munchkin9 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:49 pm

Yes and no. I don't think it would be fully possible because you could not really make an over powered combo. Mainly this would be for looks and such not for power so much.

Savvy?

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:02 pm

I see, And I agree.

And also... WOAH!
I'm back!
When was the last time I posted?

Oh dear... The only reason I actually came back was because a (gasp) Spam-mail told me that I had a PM (spam-pm) here, reminding me I even had an account...

...it also reminded me of the existence of lugaru...
EEK!
Gotta redowload, fast!

Good to see ye again, Munchkin.

EDIT: Woah, I just searched my own posts to see how long ago it was last time I was here... Heck, Only now I notice how immature and stupid I acted, then.... Sorry 'bout all that =E

I hope I can make a fresh start...

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:59 pm

I don't remember you. Maybe it was before, or I just forgot. If it was the forgot, don't feel bad, I can only remember my birthday if someone mentions it.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:39 pm

Glabbit:

invertin:

I think this answers your question.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:12 pm

I was gonna do what Glabbit just did but then I spotted he'd already done it for me. Lol. Huzzah for stupid questions.

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:57 am

Grayswandir wrote: Interesting idea, however I could see people ending up breaking the system and making some over-powered combo.
So could I, which was why I made the suggestion that with more damage should come more risk. For example, if you're doing strong kicks to the head, you're going to be off-balance for a little while, which opens your opponent to, say, duck your kick and take your remaining leg out. However, if you're doing a lot of weak punches to the center of mass (torso), then your oppenent will have less chance of being able to counterattack, however you do significantly less damage.

What would be fun would be developing a jujitsu (reembering that -jitsu has more combat connotations than -do) style with a lot of grabbing and throwing to the ground.