Playing as a wolf in Lugaru II?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:17 am

EVERYTHING YOU TALK ABOUT SUCKS SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT ARGUING ABOUT POINTLESS CRAP!

LOL

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:41 am

I rather hate games where you play as more than one character at once, or where you suddenly switch to another character for a certain mission. Just put that other character on another campaign and be done with it.

FYI, Geneforge is an exception, as you don't get the same amount of control with other party members, and all party members are optional. Meaning I can play the main character, rather than five at the same time.

P.S: Oh, and I do believe this is my 3000th post. Geez, that's a lot…

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:29 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:I rather hate games where you play as more than one character at once
Agree to that, but the alternate-mission character-switching is all a matter of opinion.

If it'd make people feel happier, maybe the wolf missions could be entirely optional, but still vaguely intertwine with the story?
As in, when playing the wolf campaign, you find out how unforeseen events happened in the turner campaign, or something...

Just a suggestion...
Don't get mad...
*hides*

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:03 am

Zantalos wrote:I think Call of Duty 4 was the only game where I actually enjoyed switching back and forth between multiple characters. They used pretty much the same weapons, both had great team mates, their missions had a clear purpose about how they were helping each other achieve their single goal, and the characters played with the same style, no super wolf strength and no super covenant cloak.
I'd noticed that the S.A.S missions were more, objective and stealth oriented, like saving a captive and then sneaking him out with night vision in a dark house (LOVE THAT MISSION), while the american's were more... Run in with big guns and kill em all.

Pretty much the same thing really though. I think I prefer S.A.S.

Slightly more ontopic: I agree with BWS, we have a turner campaign and a whatever-the-secondary-character-is-called campaign.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:42 pm

Cmyszka wrote:Try saying that when your teeth have been raikiri'd out...
Because that's going to happen. rofl. He's not even a ninja. I'd own Naruto. lollll
Cmyszka wrote:It's one of the most popular anime now.
Since when has this been an argument for anything?

My friend once said "I don't care who likes it or buys it, because if you use that criterion, Mozart would never have written Don Giovanni, Charlie Parker would never have played anything but swing music. There comes a point where you have to say that popularity does not equate quality."

Anyway yeah. Britney Spears was popular. Westlife is popular. Rihanna is popular. This does not prove anything about the quality of their music.

Anyway good animes? Prince Of Tennis, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist. Not because other people like them. Because they're awesome. Especially Prince Of Tennis.

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:06 pm

(In relation to the anime arguement)

It IS awesome, even if alot of people haven't heard of it. (which just annoys me sometimes.)

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:40 pm

heard of it but don't watch any anime stuff...

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:04 pm

invertin wrote: Avatar.

It IS awesome
/agree.
still waiting for book 3 to complete...

Anyway, some on-topicness would be nice... ^^;

sorry for being a moanbag about that, but I do want the discussion continued...

Miyamoto Usagi

Post by Miyamoto Usagi » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:03 pm

Zantalos wrote:
Glabbit wrote:Does this mean it's hopeless trying to preen you guys back on-topic?

Sheesh, you guys remind me of Cebt...
The fact that I'm the leader of that clan is entirely beside the point...
I think the majority of Halo players hated every single Arbiter mission in Halo 2. I hated pretty much every single mission that wasn't American in Call of Duty 1 and 2. I much preferred human weapons to covenant, human allies to elites, having a flashlight instead of a cloaking device, and the missions and storyline for the covenant didn't relate at all to the Master Chief's so I didn't care for any of it. It was too gimmicky and the only thing I cared for is saving earth.

I think Call of Duty 4 was the only game where I actually enjoyed switching back and forth between multiple characters. They used pretty much the same weapons, both had great team mates, their missions had a clear purpose about how they were helping each other achieve their single goal, and the characters played with the same style, no super wolf strength and no super covenant cloak.

I think I would rather have, if there was any storyline switching, to switch between rabbit characters like Sven who is working with you, or a Lugaru dog that shares your same interest rather than someone like the Alpha Wolf or other random enemy character who I only care about killing, not playing as.
Keeping in mind, the Arbiter turned out to be the Master Chief's ally. All I'm saying is that the Wolf Character in Lugaru 2, if such a character turns out to exist (and I'm hoping it does) should become an ally to Turner (or the new rabbit) waaay earlier. :3

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 pm

invertin wrote:
Zantalos wrote:I think Call of Duty 4 was the only game where I actually enjoyed switching back and forth between multiple characters. They used pretty much the same weapons, both had great team mates, their missions had a clear purpose about how they were helping each other achieve their single goal, and the characters played with the same style, no super wolf strength and no super covenant cloak.
I'd noticed that the S.A.S missions were more, objective and stealth oriented, like saving a captive and then sneaking him out with night vision in a dark house (LOVE THAT MISSION), while the american's were more... Run in with big guns and kill em all.

Pretty much the same thing really though. I think I prefer S.A.S.

Slightly more ontopic: I agree with BWS, we have a turner campaign and a whatever-the-secondary-character-is-called campaign.
well of course it was more a run in and kill everyone with big guns they're marines... course unless they're marine force recon I don't think they hold a candle to S.A.S

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:01 pm

Wasn't Avatar made into a Playstation/Wii/XBox game recently? Never seen the anime.

I'm not really pushed about having a wolf character to play as. I'd be completely content with being Turner for the duration of the game.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:32 pm

Ugh.. That Avatar game, from what I saw of it, was crap.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:33 pm

yeah it was

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gv-kv4QJnV8

Since this game is more of an rpg like Fallout and Bloodlines I'd also be just as happy playing Turner for the entire game too. Instead of a parallel wolf story or some such, simply having a wolf or dog as your friend would be bad ass enough.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:06 pm

Zantalos wrote:I think the majority of Halo players hated every single Arbiter mission in Halo 2. I hated pretty much every single mission that wasn't American in Call of Duty 1 and 2. I much preferred human weapons to covenant, human allies to elites, having a flashlight instead of a cloaking device, and the missions and storyline for the covenant didn't relate at all to the Master Chief's so I didn't care for any of it. It was too gimmicky and the only thing I cared for is saving earth.
This is quite late, but I completely disagree with this. That's about it. I enjoyed all the missions. However, if all of the missions had been missions in which you played the role of the Master Chief, that would have been fine too. I'm kinda indifferent towards the matter in the sense that I don't mind which it is, I would have played and enjoyed it anyway. The Arbiter is pretty cool though.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:10 pm

Zantalos wrote:Since this game is more of an rpg like Fallout and Bloodlines I'd also be just as happy playing Turner for the entire game too.
Isn't Fallout a Strategy-influenced RPG thingy? I never played it.