Playing as a wolf in Lugaru II?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:54 am

It would suck. Naruto is awful.

Cmyszka

Post by Cmyszka » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:10 am

Try saying that when your teeth have been raikiri'd out...

Miyamoto Usagi

Post by Miyamoto Usagi » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:38 am

refsil wrote:wolf work with turner is quite weird...maybe just pure revenge or hunting...
There's certain scenarios in one's life where one finds themselves opposed to that which they previously believed in; In a fictional work like Lugaru this is easy. Even in the ORIGINAL Lugari this would have been easy; The Alpha Wolf was going to eat rabbits and other prey animals until there were none left, and then they'd have had to eat eachother to live. Therefore, a wolf ally could have easily been included; A wolf who was simply wise enough to see that the Alpha Wolf's course of action was going to screw them up in the longrun is the most obvious choice.

refsil

Post by refsil » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:08 am

Miyamoto Usagi wrote:
refsil wrote:wolf work with turner is quite weird...maybe just pure revenge or hunting...
There's certain scenarios in one's life where one finds themselves opposed to that which they previously believed in; In a fictional work like Lugaru this is easy. Even in the ORIGINAL Lugari this would have been easy; The Alpha Wolf was going to eat rabbits and other prey animals until there were none left, and then they'd have had to eat eachother to live. Therefore, a wolf ally could have easily been included; A wolf who was simply wise enough to see that the Alpha Wolf's course of action was going to screw them up in the longrun is the most obvious choice.
anything has its reason,include weird things.

Miyamoto Usagi

Post by Miyamoto Usagi » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:56 am

refsil wrote:
Miyamoto Usagi wrote:
Then I'm not sure what you're getting at, unless you think that having the Wolf work with Turner of its own accord is too weird to fly in L2. >>;

refsil

Post by refsil » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:20 pm

Miyamoto Usagi wrote:
refsil wrote:
Miyamoto Usagi wrote: There's certain scenarios in one's life where one finds themselves opposed to that which they previously believed in; In a fictional work like Lugaru this is easy. Even in the ORIGINAL Lugari this would have been easy; The Alpha Wolf was going to eat rabbits and other prey animals until there were none left, and then they'd have had to eat eachother to live. Therefore, a wolf ally could have easily been included; A wolf who was simply wise enough to see that the Alpha Wolf's course of action was going to screw them up in the longrun is the most obvious choice.
Then I'm not sure what you're getting at, unless you think that having the Wolf work with Turner of its own accord is too weird to fly in L2. >>;
well,isnt a wolf work with a rabbit weird thing indeed?but you have already spoken a reason that is not weird.

Miyamoto Usagi

Post by Miyamoto Usagi » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:36 pm

refsil wrote:
Miyamoto Usagi wrote:
refsil wrote: anything has its reason,include weird things.
well,isnt a wolf work with a rabbit weird thing indeed?but you have already spoken a reason that is not weird.
A wolf and a rabbit, IRL? Yes. A sentient, bipedal rabbit and a sentient, bipedal wolf? No. Sentience by its definition comes with the ability to ignore your animal instincts, so if you have even an abstract reason (like justice) to work with one you'd normally consider your enemy, if it's important enough, it works.

But yeah, I get what you meant.

refsil

Post by refsil » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:46 pm

Miyamoto Usagi wrote: A wolf and a rabbit, IRL? Yes. A sentient, bipedal rabbit and a sentient, bipedal wolf? No. Sentience by its definition comes with the ability to ignore your animal instincts
I dont understand a bit....but you got what I mean and thats enough.

Back to topic,play as wolf is not bad at all,but do we HAVE to take turner in?without him thing still will work fine.(but with him donest matter though...)

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:55 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:It would suck. Naruto is awful.
I agree, but I've never seen naruto so my vote don't count.

Glabbit wrote:Anyway, back on-topic... Are we gonna pull the halo 2 in Lugaru two or nay?

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:03 am

Eh, it has been done before, but then there's no such thing as an original story nowadays.

I watched early Naruto, got sick of his incessant whining and failure (FFS you're an incarnation of a nine-tailed fox! DO SOMETHING COOL YOU LITTLE PUSSY!), then started watching some re-runs, had no idea what was going on (there's too many sharingans!) and never watched it again.

InuYasha is better. It's even got a young nine-tailed fox in it, so who needs Naruto?

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:12 am

Does this mean it's hopeless trying to preen you guys back on-topic?

Sheesh, you guys remind me of Cebt...
The fact that I'm the leader of that clan is entirely beside the point...

Cmyszka

Post by Cmyszka » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:27 am

Makrond wrote:I watched early Naruto, got sick of his incessant whining and failure (FFS you're an incarnation of a nine-tailed fox! DO SOMETHING COOL YOU LITTLE PUSSY!), then started watching some re-runs, had no idea what was going on (there's too many sharingans!) and never watched it again.
Understandable. The early episodes of anime are always messed up. once you get passed the half way mark of the Zabuza arc if gets better. And yea, you have to really follow the story line. If you can do that it's an awsome show. It's one of the most popular anime now.

Anyway, that's not what this thread is about...

The main point is. TURNER IS THE MAIN CHARACTER. You'll obviously play with him. There will probably other chances in unrelated story line instances that you can play a wolf but from what I
m expecting you'll spend most of the time following turner's story.

Corpsee

Post by Corpsee » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:51 am

naruto doesent suck :D

Cmyszka

Post by Cmyszka » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:05 pm

Corpsee wrote:
naruto doesent suck :D
Well we can obviously see you're a fan by your avvy, and I am too. it's all a matter of opinion. Just saying it doesn't won't convince people. grr.... whatever if it's that important to you start a seperate thread.
Cmyszka wrote:...That's not what this thread is about...

The main point is. TURNER IS THE MAIN CHARACTER. You'll obviously play with him. There will probably other chances in unrelated story line instances that you can play a wolf but from what I
m expecting you'll spend most of the time following turner's story.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:36 pm

Glabbit wrote:Does this mean it's hopeless trying to preen you guys back on-topic?

Sheesh, you guys remind me of Cebt...
The fact that I'm the leader of that clan is entirely beside the point...
I think the majority of Halo players hated every single Arbiter mission in Halo 2. I hated pretty much every single mission that wasn't American in Call of Duty 1 and 2. I much preferred human weapons to covenant, human allies to elites, having a flashlight instead of a cloaking device, and the missions and storyline for the covenant didn't relate at all to the Master Chief's so I didn't care for any of it. It was too gimmicky and the only thing I cared for is saving earth.

I think Call of Duty 4 was the only game where I actually enjoyed switching back and forth between multiple characters. They used pretty much the same weapons, both had great team mates, their missions had a clear purpose about how they were helping each other achieve their single goal, and the characters played with the same style, no super wolf strength and no super covenant cloak.

I think I would rather have, if there was any storyline switching, to switch between rabbit characters like Sven who is working with you, or a Lugaru dog that shares your same interest rather than someone like the Alpha Wolf or other random enemy character who I only care about killing, not playing as.