Lugaru 2 - Scope vs. Release Date

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:27 pm

…you just used that because you know it irks me so badly, didn't you?

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:29 am

I am not saying for David to make his First Game released to be some attack of the Tank rushing Marines LOL.

If you want a Tip, build a two Barracks, build SCV's until you get 10 of them, and while your doing that, keep up military production till you have 15 Marines and 5 Fire bats.

Keep Fire bats attacking Melee and your Marines back. Stim packs are VERY useful. In the Boob Wars Medics are Very useful. Use them to Blind Tanks or Mutilisks or what ever is fucking you off.

What I was getting to is, Make it Rewarding for the player to play though the Demo Story. For Instance the Story of Turners Story (the Main Campain) Is the Full Version game. But in the Demo, you are For instance, some Young rabbit who has some Importance to the story, Eg: An Inspired young Warrior who gose out on a Quest to Meet Turner the Wolfslayer, and get him to take his Mission that is to become the Full version Campain.

Then maybe the Next Chapter...
Get what I mean?

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:29 am

I was just calling attention to the ridiculousness of your statement. Starcraft is NOT "Just Another RTS". It is a genre-defining game.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:05 am

wormguy wrote:It is a genre-defining game.
…which would explain why every other RTS is like that.
Chainsaw man wrote:In the Boob Wars…
Wow… Just wow.
Chainsaw man wrote:If you want a Tip, build a two Barracks, build SCV's until you get 10 of them, and while your doing that, keep up military production till you have 15 Marines and 5 Fire bats.

Keep Fire bats attacking Melee and your Marines back. Stim packs are VERY useful. In the Boob Wars Medics are Very useful. Use them to Blind Tanks or Mutilisks or what ever is fucking you off.
By that time, the enemy has an army of battlecruisers. It's not that I have the wrong units and stuff, it's that it's too fast paced and too mass-production-y, what with building eight barracks, rushing your way through the tech tree and so on.

Also, did I mention I hate playing the terrans? That was just one particular bot battle where I was trying to find a playing style I liked.

Ameefmu

Post by Ameefmu » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:10 am

If what i've heard is correct.
When Lugaru 1.5 exists, that could be the technical 'demo' of Lugaru 2 if it continues from the storyline.

If that makes sense.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:38 am

TBH I don't like StarCraft, I think it's annoying and boring. The only two RTS games I enjoyed were Age Of Empires and Total Annihilation.

In relation to Turn-Based Strategies, I hate them all...especially Civilization.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:29 am

Company of Heroes is very cool. And Herzog Zwei.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:45 am

Oh well actually I did play Company Of Heroes for a while. I forgot about that one. it was pretty fun. I got annoyed and bored with it, though. it was fun while I was playing it. I generally eventually get bored with games like that, or with elements like it. I got bored of Fallout too after a while.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:00 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:In relation to Turn-Based Strategies, I hate them all...especially Civilization.
What.

So, no Fire Emblem? No Final Fantasy Tactics? No Advance Wars? No Civilization?

What games do you like?

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:01 pm

Colicedus on Age Of Empires:
I spend most of my time on that game opening the Online help and Reading about the Civilizations hystory and there Technoligy.
Age of Empires II I also liked as well, though I prefuer Rise of Nations.
(scorched Earth FTW!)

If i were to Create my owen RTS (not saying I can) I would Make the Creation of a Unit the Creation of a Battle Company, that way battles are played out with Realistic War rather than waiting for An (1) axe man be created so you can make the next one.

Cmyszka

Post by Cmyszka » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:32 pm

This is my kind of game:

Calvin: I'm thinking of a number between one and seven hundred billion. Try to guess it.

Hobbes: eleven?

Calvin: Nope, guess again.

Hobbes: Six million and four

Calvin: Nope, guess again

Hobbes: ......... *leaves*

Calvin: What's the matter, don't you like games?!

-"Calvin and Hobbes" by Bill Watterson

Angrboden

RTS

Post by Angrboden » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:29 am

The only good RTS games for me are Stronghold, Warcraft games, and of course, best of em all... STARCRAFT!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Starcraft two is comin AND IM READY!!

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:04 pm

My Games are the likes of Lugaru!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:28 pm

wormguy wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:In relation to Turn-Based Strategies, I hate them all...especially Civilization.
What.

So, no Fire Emblem? No Final Fantasy Tactics? No Advance Wars? No Civilization?

What games do you like?
I wouldn't call Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem or Fallout turn-based strategy games. I'd call them RPG's that borrow elements of that genre. I meant things in the style of Civilization. FF Tactics is nothing like Age Of Empires. Civilization is like Age Of Empires, only turn-based.

Lol @ you missing the point.

Besides, if I didn't like those games, there's plenty of other games to enjoy. You say "What games do you like?" as if those are the only games to choose from.
Chainsaw man wrote:If i were to Create my owen RTS (not saying I can) I would Make the Creation of a Unit the Creation of a Battle Company, that way battles are played out with Realistic War rather than waiting for An (1) axe man be created so you can make the next one.
Lol man that's the exact thing that Company Of Heroes did. Not really an innovative idea since you borrowed it from that game, but I see your point. At the same time, however, back in the times which Age Of Empires focused on, it would have been different to the time of Company Of Heroes. Fighters would not necessarily have been trained and deployed in groups like they would now. Not everyone's capacity for picking things up and mastering skills is the same, so you can't expect groups to all train effeciently at the same pace.

KoKoBean

Post by KoKoBean » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:02 pm

How far along is L2/L1 update?

Is there ANY other game out that has similar style to Lugaru? to satisfy till release of L2.
In numerous aspects, Lugaru is way better than halo.
Thanks!