Lugaru 2 - Scope vs. Release Date

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:04 am

WORK HARDER IN COLLEGE DON"T FEEL PRESSURED BY THE FACT WE MAY VERY WELL HATE YOU IF YOU DON"T DO GOOD!!!

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:19 pm

Yes, do good. Then we can say, "he dun good".

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:46 am

dave gud.

Angrboden

Couldnt say beter

Post by Angrboden » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:01 pm

:)
Roflmao. Killed their hopes.

David, whatever you do, don't rush it. I'd rather wait for a brilliant game than get something that could be better before that.
Couldnt say it better myself. Take your time and refine it as nicely as possible. Im sure the first one (or to some of us, the demo of the first one :( lol) will keep us occupied for the time being.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:44 pm

you really should buy the first one if all you're playing is the demo, it'll support faster developement and provide you with hours of fun.
If the only reason you don't have it is you don't have money, get money shovel a walk or mow a lawn or whatever it is young people do these days.

Chainsaw man

Re: Lugaru 2 - Scope vs. Release Date

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:32 pm

Alright... I will comment now on my opinions NOW before reading anyone else's stuff cause it will most likely consist of Grams and Gramps.jr being heatedly debating on the word To/Two/too, or other things of same level. I hope that I can think outside of the box with my ideas that I will Recommend to David and maybe they can get taken on board, though I am probably going to be seen as talking out my ass or be dismissed as a chainsaw wielding maniac with funny Capitalization.
David wrote:I am starting my last semester of college, so I will be done in June with no other constraints on my time. Luguru 2 as originally planned is very ambitious, it requires:
a- New physics-based animation, movement and fighting
b- Updated graphics rendering
c- Open-ended exploration of large areas
d- Populated procedural cities

Now so far I have a lot of work done on parts a and b, and not as much on parts c and d. Therefore I am considering making a new game that is like an updated version of Lugaru 1 in the new engine (and a different storyline), and then working on a more open-ended Lugaru game later.
I think you should stick with your Goals of making Lugaru 2 a direct sequel to Lugaru 1. I think it would be a waste to simply remake lugaru 1 with a altered story, if thats what you are implying. I would leave that to the Fans to create. Lugaru 1 did lack background and story. the only way I discovered Turner was a ninja was the fact that the game description said so.

If you want to release something to make a bit of money, I think you should create ether a Coronical game of Lugaru looking into Turners past, giving a chance to look at back ground and culture and adding more in depth stuff. Or Alternatively, you could Sell a Lugaru Multiplayer, or other multiplayer game built of Phoenix engine to help get your company's name out.

You already have Multiplayer support now, so why not take advantage of it?

the original Idea of lugaru 2 as planed, stick it out and follow your goal and dreams David.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:59 pm

hey Colidecus didn't david say he unbanned ALL your names and ips, so shouldn't you be able to use your original account now

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:04 pm

I didn't actually, I just didn't ban the new one.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:28 pm

oh ok thanks for clarifying.

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:14 am

Coli, if you read David's post properly, you would understand that David wants to release a remade L1 to tide us over until L2 is completed. That way we STFU for a while and he doesn't feel so pressured to rush the release of L2.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:31 am

Oh I See!
I feel dumb now... well, I should have plenty of time to save up for a Mac Pro/ Mac book pro by then, and still have enough to get those weapons of mass destruction I have been trying to smuggle.

So far heres there Development:
http://chainsawlauncher.ytmnd.com/

Raise your Weapons to Salute your Prophet!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:43 am

Makrond wrote:That way we STFU for a while and he doesn't feel so pressured to rush the release of L2.
That's what I've been trying to get everyone to do for the past 2 years, but no one seems to listen to reason...or big angry caps...with red in 'em.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:10 pm

Well of course not Ren, it just lets them have an excuse to get into a poor me flame war...

GaGrin

Post by GaGrin » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:02 pm

Well thats just it - are we talking Lugaru remade on the new engine or a new game thats *like* lugaru on the new engine?

I mean either's fine with me (I'm one of the few that actually LIKES the lugaru story - so STFU! :P)

But honestly, I'd like to see more than just animation/graphics changes whatever is done. This is inevitable I suppose due to the physics changes having an effect, but it would be a very good place to experiment and get feedback on new combat mechanics by developing and using them in this new game.

But then I suppose that's crossed everyone's minds anyway so I'll just be quiet.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:52 pm

I asked a similar question, there'll be a different story.

Probably like a sequel and not a rewrite, but you can never be sure.

Damnit I've been watching too many crappy youtube videos, everything I type I have microsoft sam saying it in my head.