I think I just lost my scores?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
chalks

I think I just lost my scores?

Post by chalks » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:57 pm

Overflow error? It changes every time I open the game back up. Here are two examples of what happens:

This happened after I downloaded the campaign stickied at the top of this forum, and put it in its own folder in my lugaru directory. Lugaru is _not_ on my c:\ drive, instead it is on my x:\ drive. Also, I've already reinstalled the game 3 times*, I'd rather not have to do it again to fix this. :( Any way to get my scores back for 8-13? I still haven't beaten 14.

*because I tried to go into debug mode, and somehow that made things all explody (yes, I used wordpad to open config, just like the readme says)

Edit: I just remembered, this happened after I put something else in the lugaru directory, but something else weird happened first too... I was trying to optimize level 8, and I had only two rabbits left to kill. I hit one rabbit into a wall so hard, that I think he fused with the building. This killed the bunny that was on the other side of the map. I tried to divide a rabbit by zero, apparently. Anyways, that would explain why things got screwy from level 8 on.

Edit 2: Yep, that's definitely the problem. Whenever I try to play challenge 8, it loads about halfway, then there's a sound of a bunny being squashed to death. Then the game crashes. I can play level 9 on, but it doesn't record a time (it does record a score, though). Please tell me I can fix it without losing my 9 second time on level 1. :)

Edit 3: I'm _really_ enjoying this game. <3

Edit 4: <--- I hate it when people edit stuff to death.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:53 am

Eesh, what a mess. I had a problem where the game just wouldn't record some of my scores or let me play some of the levels. That's not really been my concern since my profiles all got erased :?

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:19 am

Whenever something is wrong, it can usually be fixed by deleting the config.txt file and letting Lugaru make a new one.

If that doesn't work, you could try moving the 'Users' file from the data folder to somewhere else temporarily, and then open the game and get to level 8 and see if it works; that should at least let you know if the problem is in your user scores somehow.

If it still doesn't work, then something has probably happened to the map files, maybe when copying the new campaign.

chalks

Post by chalks » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:59 pm

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home.

Also, I'm quite impressed with this game. I'm currently a computer science major at Purdue... I doubt I could make anything like this (maybe someday).

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: I think I just lost my scores?

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:03 pm

chalks wrote:Image
Hahaha check out the "Best Time" for Level 9.
Chalks, I don't think you should play that level again. Ever.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:27 am

It does look a bit frightening, yes... o_0

CLICK IT! xD

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:58 pm

*Click*

*Level loads*

*Giant, red-glowing portal to hell opens* (Diablo II had it before Oblivion)

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:43 am

*sends the turner clones to save you*

...so how're we gonna fix this then?

Is it fixed yet?