How I found Lugaru (How did you?)

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
rebel28

Re: How I found Lugaru (How did you?)

Post by rebel28 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:52 am

I was on ModDB looking at indie games for the first time, and I saw "Overgrowth" so I followed links to wolfire.com, and looked at the games section. And found LUGARU :O

Sandlion

Post by Sandlion » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:17 pm

Lets see...
My dad downloaded it from a disc in some mac magazine, and it sat for a lonnggg time.
I played once or twice, but I was squeamish at the time and didn't realize I could turn off blood. /fail
Then, a while ago, I saw it on the hard drive and decided to give it a shot again- and got hooked.

Now I'm raving to all my friends about murdering bunnies. They all thought I was crazy... until they started playing >D

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:54 am

Good story

*grunts*

Ac30

Post by Ac30 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:03 am

I read about it on the back of a cornflake packet.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:48 am

Wut???!!! Ha ha ha! Please tell me you're joking! :lol:

rabbidrabbit12

Post by rabbidrabbit12 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:02 am

i found it on fun-motion.com

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:37 pm

Funmotion seems to be the main source, doesn't it?

Devilsclub

Re:

Post by Devilsclub » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:54 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Zantalos wrote:It was the example game on Download.com's "adventure games" section. Who wouldn't click on the picture of a rabbit kicking another in the face?
Ditto.
seconded

MONKEYZ RULE
mashed patatos and whipped cream
Location: Somewhere too warm for a jacket, yet too cold for shorts.

Post by MONKEYZ RULE » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:00 am

One day I remembered a game called "Lightning's shadow" that I played when I was a little kid, as I LOVED blasting stuff to pieces. I searched until I finally found Wolfire and saw all the games and thought "Hmm, rabbit martial arts, sounds good" and downloaded it and found it one of the best mac games I've played since. I regged after finding it in my games one day.

EDIT: And now I remember my computer crashed and I have to download lugaru again and have forgotten my previous e-mail :(
Back to unregged again.

Devilsclub

Devilsclub :twisted:

Post by Devilsclub » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:17 am

i found lugaru through google.it lead me to download.com.i saw lugaru there.kicking a cute rabbits face just seemed irrisistable to me.I LOVE TO KICK BUTT!!
i had some problems due to this too.
after my bro played the game he went chasing my pet rabbit around the house roundhouse kicking him.poor rabbit :lol:

Post by 29222908 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:44 pm

i was modding another indie game called Mari0 (A MARIO PORTAL HYBRID) when windows xp stopped supporting it. i went on a hunt for another indie game and found this

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 am

I found out about it talking to my brother about, of all things, Overgrowth. He said it was an older rabbit fighting game he had liked, and said it was named something like lukaru. The next day he said he found it, and it was called Lugaru! Now I have finished the game and am attempting the challenge levels... URK!
Last edited by renamedperson on Fri May 09, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rrr598

Post by rrr598 » Thu May 08, 2014 2:03 pm

About 8 months ago, I bought Overgrowth based off of Nerdcubed's review using a 100 dollar gift card I got. I looked it up on Steam, and up came Overgrowth, as well as Lugaru HD. I paid no attention to it, and bought Overgrowth.
As I stumbled through the lag-filled, overheating, amazing world of Overgrowth, I began to wonder about Lugaru. I wondered if there were wolves in it while making various factions die by a wolf's paw, about the cost, and why I bought a 20 dollar game for my 8 GB RAM, 30 GB hard drive space left, dusty 2008 laptop.
So one day, I took a look at it. The reviews were good, but some were disagreeable for me, being a give-games-a-chance kinda guy. It was called a furry game. It was contradicted for its old graphics. I love Half-Life, regardless of the graphics. So I thought I'd buy it. I played it, and I was suprised when I entered the tutorial. I forget why, though. Perhaps because the ears were larger than the overgrowth bunnies'? Well, the first thing I did was walk to the opening in the canyon, to be stopped by a wall.
Well, I finished the tutorial, finding countering a bit hard, but soon I got the hang of it, and I dare say I think I'm a good fighter :roll: .
And then I noticed I had a mysterious game called Receiver in my library. I played it. I hit "?". I saw the freedom of the controls and instantly loved it. Having played 3 of 4 of Wolfire's games, I think it's safe to say Wolfire is one of my favorite developers. Definitely.

...Man, that was long. Ehh. :mrgreen:

Capt-M-

Post by Capt-M- » Sat May 10, 2014 9:41 am

I found it about 8yrs ago off macupdate, best game ever!

Zopodux

Post by Zopodux » Mon May 26, 2014 5:37 am

I found it through finding out about Overgrowth on Steam. Can say i really hope for a finished product soon of OG :D