39%
text talk
39%
I dont give a damn
22%

Total votes: 41

Doom

Post by Doom » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Doom wrote:the big question is: will lugaru2 be released this century?
Learn how to code, then try to make a game from scratch, creating your own engine and everything. No shortcuts.

It kinda would take a while. :roll:

Well, im not interested for making games, im on forums to comment, because this is why the forums are, in any community you get good and bad comments/answers/what ever

so do not tell me to try to make my own thing and things like that...

when i'll be interested, and i won't succeed, then you will be right.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:53 pm

Doom, I fucked your mom.

Now. Im sure voice acting for a narator would be an intereting shift.
Just so long as we dont have quotes of "Said the Bunny" every sentince.

Doom

Post by Doom » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:46 am

Chainsaw man wrote:Doom, I fucked your mom.
lol, she told me she fucked you, u had a too small cock

i see Chainsaw likes to fuck old women, keep going pop ;-)

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:13 am

Did anyone else completely disregard all of Doom's opinions following the post he began with "nigga"?

Yeah, I thought so. So did I.

On topic, I'm not sure what would be better. I don't know where rudel_ic got the Oxford accents from. Why would an American give English accents to the characters of a fantasy world which he has created?

I don't think that voice acting would be too bad. However, for the moment maybe it would be better to keep up with the text-accompanied-by-chirps until you have the funds to accomodate yourself with proper voice actors.

It's a pity the English speaking world doesn't have a version of the Japanese voice actors. Over there, voice acting for animes and video games is treated as equally meritable as actually performing in films or plays. They have over 100 schools that specifically teach that trade. That's why the voice acting you hear in subtitled versions* of animes like Bleach or Full Metal Alchemist are always better than the dubbed versions^.

* Subtitled Versions: When the original voice acting is kept on a foreign medium but subtitles are provided in your country's own vernacular language.

^ Dubbed Versions: Hiring new voice actors to "dub" over the original voice acting, e.g. English voice actors dubbing over the Japanese voice actors in Bleach so no subtitles are needed.

For me, the subtitled versions have always contained better quality voice acting. Dubbed voice acting in animes often sounds ridiculous and cheesy.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:06 am

Renegade_Turner wrote: For me, the subtitled versions have always contained better quality voice acting. Dubbed voice acting in animes often sounds ridiculous and cheesy.
Totally agree. I've been watching a lot of Kung Fu movies lately and they dubs just SUCK! I don't mind the subtitles at all, except that the elegance of some words is lost. Like there's this guy name Fire Wind..or something. Now I'm sure that his name is much cooler in the Chinese language.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:53 pm

I want to see a Tai charictor named:
Fai Tot Mak-marp (do not hold Forein spelling acountable)
English translation: Very Firey Fart...

Hale

Post by Hale » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:37 pm

I voted for text. Seems simpler, maybe it'd lean the release date closer to this year. But if it wasn't any trouble, I'd go for voices.

Henrymou

Re: Lugaru voice acting

Post by Henrymou » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:51 pm

Doom said
"lol, she told me she fucked you, u had a too small cock. "
what does F-U-C-K mean?
I'm an eight yr old boy browsing the forums for the first time and my mommy said it wasn't a good idea...

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:28 pm

rofl I've often wondered about the uninforced no cussing rule but I figured most eight year olds now days already know all those cuss words. I know by the time I was eight I knew them all and didn't call my mother mommy. but still you bring up a good point, provided that's what you're trying to do otherwise I'm not offering definitions. rofl

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:24 pm

I just realised that in the poll, one of the options is "text talk". What, you mean you want turner to start saying "wat r u doin? i wanna keel u lolololololol"? I think you should reword it so it doesn't look like you mean "Txt talk".

As for the cussing, it reminds me of something that happened a bunch of years ago, some kids apparently thought it'd be a wonderful idea to write "F*ck" or "F*ck you" on a piece of paper and give it to me. (They also thought it'd be a great idea to mutter among themselves at an easily-audible volume)

Anyway, one of the mutterings was something along the lines of "Dude, how d'you spell f*ck again?". I couldn't believe my ears.

The moral of the story is: Bullies are fun when they don't punch your face in.

I had a good laugh after that.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:17 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:I just realised that in the poll, one of the options is "text talk". What, you mean you want turner to start saying "wat r u doin? i wanna keel u lolololololol"? I think you should reword it so it doesn't look like you mean "Txt talk".
I experienced no such confusion. Let's not make mountains out of molehills.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:38 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
BunnyWithStick wrote:I just realised that in the poll, one of the options is "text talk". What, you mean you want turner to start saying "wat r u doin? i wanna keel u lolololololol"? I think you should reword it so it doesn't look like you mean "Txt talk".
I experienced no such confusion. Let's not make mountains out of molehills.
I guess it depends on the generation you're from.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:20 am

No, it depends on whether or not you're familiar with the term "Txt talk". It's not exactly common, although it's listed in Wikipedia.

And maybe what generation you're from, I dunno.

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:27 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:"Dude, how d'you spell f*ck again?"

Rolfmao.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:40 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:No, it depends on whether or not you're familiar with the term "Txt talk". It's not exactly common, although it's listed in Wikipedia.

And maybe what generation you're from, I dunno.
When I saw "Text talk" in as an option, the first thing that popped into my head was "speech bubbles" and "dialogue boxes" not "cellphone texting".