Two months after our initial release of Lugaru 1.1, here's the new version 1.2 for the 100% open source continuation of Lugaru HD.
All in all, if you've played version 1.1, there are no huge changes: mostly bug fixes in some levels, improvements and fixes to the modding tools, and still a lot of refactoring under the hood that may allow e.g. to have more character types in the future. If you haven't played version 1.1, you should of course start with the new version 1.2 which should be simply better
Highlights from version 1.2:
- Keep track of and display the game's version number in the console and
- Many fixes and improvements to development tools, most of them should now
work as described in the documentation.
- New monospace font for the console, more readable.
- Configurable campaign end message.
- Ash got its black skin back in the Empire campaign
- Various fixes to mod levels and campaigns.
- A lot of behind-the-scenes refactoring that should help bring more
interesting changes in future releases.
Full release notes: GitLab
As always, you're very welcome to get involved in the upstream development of OSS Lugaru, be it as a play tester, developer, modder, artist, or anything else you can think of