The Weapon Shop

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Lotus Wolf

Re: The Weapon Shop

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:04 pm

lol yeah... sorry i havent posted any work lately, i've been trying to get something done.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:39 pm

so, eh... yeah, in an attempt to make a little extra money, i've decided to begin making models for sale as well as for lugaru (dont worry, its all free for you guys still). anyway, i've found one good site, but i'd like to hear about others, anyone know any good ones? )the one i'm thinking about is Altair Models)

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:54 pm

OK, after trying out 3DSMax, I recommend Blender to all.
Here's my newest creation (With Blender of course);

Archaic Knife
Inscribed with an Archaic Symbol, the blade should fit all your hunting, skinning, and combative needs. For a No-Slip-Grip, the handle is bead blasted and painted like snakeskin, and it appears to shift and change as it travels through the world of Lugaru. Have Fun!

John

Post by John » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:12 pm

Lotus that is sweet. I can't believe you packed so much detail in there. I like the handle texture and the intricate inscription on the blade.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:25 pm

Thanks! it was fun to make this, since i had no problems with getting the model to work, so i focused a lot of effort on the textures. :D

musketear

Post by musketear » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:01 am

hi guys i got a sickle ready for use in lugaru, the model is my work while the tweaking and converting in to a suitable format is by lotus, i also has permission to post here also by our Lotus. :mrgreen:

Anyway here it is.
Attachments
sickle model..rar
(277.59 KiB) Downloaded 324 times

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:21 am

You should get a screenshot, but i can attest to it's being a very nice little model. :)

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:48 am

I give you The Master Sword!
Same shape as the classic Zelda series, but with changes to the texture. Namely, the Triforce above the cross guard is now a Kanji symbol. Thanks for the request Aleol, have fun guys!

Aleol

Post by Aleol » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:03 am

WHOOOOOOOO!!!!! THANK YOU!

Stromboli

Post by Stromboli » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:42 am

While the textures on your new knives are pretty, It seems like the blood could still use some work.

You seem to be using custom brushes. Remember, layering is key: make several layers of blood, in slightly different hues and shades, probably with fresher, brighter colors closer to the edge.

Also, remember that the blood should be somewhat translucent around the edges. Use dry media brushes to get a rough, gritty look to it.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:15 am

Lotus Wolf wrote:I give you The Master Sword!
Same shape as the classic Zelda series, but with changes to the texture. Namely, the Triforce above the cross guard is now a Kanji symbol. Thanks for the request Aleol, have fun guys!
E.
Pic.
<3!

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Sweet dingus del mar!!!

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Stromboli wrote:While the textures on your new knives are pretty, It seems like the blood could still use some work.

You seem to be using custom brushes. Remember, layering is key: make several layers of blood, in slightly different hues and shades, probably with fresher, brighter colors closer to the edge.

Also, remember that the blood should be somewhat translucent around the edges. Use dry media brushes to get a rough, gritty look to it.
Yep, custom brushes. And i use layering heavily for the blood. I'll mess around with different shades of blood in the future, but i think it looks great as is.

marmorek

Post by marmorek » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:18 am

Lotus Wolf wrote:OK, after trying out 3DSMax, I recommend Blender to all.
Here's my newest creation (With Blender of course);

Archaic Knife
Inscribed with an Archaic Symbol, the blade should fit all your hunting, skinning, and combative needs. For a No-Slip-Grip, the handle is bead blasted and painted like snakeskin, and it appears to shift and change as it travels through the world of Lugaru. Have Fun!
That's John Paul Jones' symbol!

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:14 pm

No its not, look at the texture, the symbol is Archaic.