The Weapon Shop

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Untadaike

Re: The Weapon Shop

Post by Untadaike » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:31 am

Maximus wrote:Do you use blender?
I think he does.

Lotus, working on anything new, recently? (I mean, Lugaru-oriented. I'm not some freak stalker :lol: )

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:34 am

Untadaike wrote: I think he does.
Oh, I do too, I just need help, How do i make my scene/object/weapon into something i can put into the game. Help please?

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:08 am

rudel_ic had a great tutorial here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3844
However, he deleted it. I have no clue why.

All I know is that you have to export the model or whatever you have in Blender to a .x file or something. Then I think you use some converter to get it to be .xml.

Probably someone else can tell you better...

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:54 pm

The tutorial wasn't actually great. It was outdated and messy. When I made it, it made sense, but at some point, it didn't anymore.

The good news is that a hires video tutorial is hosted on my site for Brainfart!
The link: http://www.alice-dsl.net/wolf.mathwig/tools/brainfart/

It is an AVI file, the VLC player ( to be found at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ ) will play this just fine. You can read everything and as long as you can understand my weird english, the audio commentary is detailed enough to make you do everything right.
It shows and explains everything better than what I posted in the thread Untadaike linked to, so that's the definitive guide from my side at this point.
I once posted that video on my YouTube account, but the resolution was fucked up there, so I felt the need to host the hires AVI on my private space and pull the YouTube version.

BE GENTLE with my bandwidth.

You'll need Brainfart to actually convert COLLADA models to SOLID models (and vice versa), which you can get here: http://www.alice-dsl.net/wolf.mathwig/tools/brainfart/ (same link as above)
There's a link to an archive hosted on my webspace. Extract that archive. Run the JAR. Convert away. There's all sorts of help and README.txt stuff and so forth in the archive, check that stuff out.

You need Java6 to run Brainfart. OpenSource Java equivalents should work, which should help you out if you're on OSX.
The current Brainfart version is (and will be for quite a while) 0.3.

Note that if you start Brainfart from a terminal with

Code: Select all

java -jar Brainfart.jar
.. then you have to be inside the folder Brainfart.jar is in. Could solve an issue some Linux versions seem to have, so do that if this applies to you.

Have fun and post awesome shit!

Hint: You can also make objects (instead of weapons). Do it! Nobody's made a cool object mod collection. There's your free fame, mate.

Questions go to [email protected] - this is not a support thread for this kinda stuff. So consequently, that's all I'll say on the matter inside of the Holy Lotus Wolf Thread Of Awesome.

Peace.

EDIT: All download link extravaganza issues resolved right now. Again, be gentle on my bandwidth - it's a private webspace. In the meantime, I'll look for some other hosting solution.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:29 pm

8) rudel's awesome.

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:19 am

Ok, Wow.... All I can say is your a blender god. I haven't watched the video yet but I will in just a sec, and I dont know coding so I'm not sure how to make a weapon or a object But I dont really even know if i need coding the only thing im remotly good at is placing things and adding hair and subsurfing and modelling.....

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:00 pm

I would advise against subsurfing and hair, it's always ended badly with Lugaru.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Ok, ok, the tutorial was the most disgusting and worthless thing on the planet of it's time. Better? :lol:

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:42 pm

Lotus Wolf wrote:I would advise against subsurfing and hair, it's always ended badly with Lugaru.
So I would use texture skin and choppy blocky looking objects?

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:04 pm

for best results, yes.

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:45 pm

Oh and also, I need help on how to put The knives/swords into the game, what folder do i put them into...

Edit: I cant watch/listen to your video Rudel....

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:09 pm

Lugaru>Data>Models

:|

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:47 am

Maximus wrote: Edit: I cant watch/listen to your video Rudel....
Technically, you need the right codecs. That would be the AVI container format (you have that), the XVID video format (you probably don't have that) and the MP3 format (you should have that), all provided through your standard AV API (DirectShow on Windows). That all is a must if you're using something like the Windows Media Player.
Luckily, you don't have to search the internet for all that stuff. Just download VLC ( http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ ), it has all that junk already built into the program! Install VLC after you've found and downloaded the correct version, start it, open the video file from there. It should then work.

You really should contact me directly though. I read these forums every month or so (you just got lucky), and this is the wrong thread for those questions anyway.

Alternatively, you can also make a new thread and I'll visit daily until you have your first weapon working.

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:35 am

Ok thanks, What i was planing on doing was making a semi-long untextexured stick, to see if i got the model part down right, then loading that as a staff/knife/sword and if it works I'll have that part down. Thanks much Rudel!

yuiop952

Post by yuiop952 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:43 pm

if you wear the iron armor top when you play as a wolf.....it beccomes a vest and looks cool :D :D :D :D :D