The Weapon Shop

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Lotus Wolf

Re: The Weapon Shop

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:34 am

I'm still stuck on the tower actually. XD

Mace Staff
To complete the "least subtle Turner" set, here's a shnazy mace to place upside some ears.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Shuriken (Revised) Knife
The old was was blue... :| I like this one much better.

Is it just me or have things slowed down a lot in the Lugaru forum?

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:11 am

I think they have slowed down quite a bit yeah, I was gonna make a user created content thread because of all the ones popping up everywhere where people just post their map or w.e. but I thought it might be too much work and I don't have anything to contribute so I didn't.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:02 am

yeah, I think the whole forum has slowed down a lot, except maybe randomness... people move on to other activities, I s'pose. Gaming and map making is a pretty serious time vacuum. :P

Cool looking shuriken and mace.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:44 am

Thank you. :)

It's true mod making is a large time consumer, but that doesn't click for me. If I have the time to go all the way through with it, then I'll mod Lugaru in whatever way I feel like. I guess it'll be OG soon, but I'll still make mods for Lugaru. Perhaps after rudel gets all those new features into Brainfart I could port over the characters from OG, or at least make my own.

Healey

Post by Healey » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Stromboli wrote:Did someone mention armor?

/Shameless Plug
download? epic...

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:23 am

Lotus Wolf wrote:Perhaps after rudel gets all those new features into Brainfart I could port over the characters from OG, or at least make my own.
You know, that's exactly what's in the pipeline. Not only that, but animations as well.

Because I like your work so much, I'll tease some stuff now.

At first, I thought you couldn't change the number of faces of the characters, but as it turns out you can, as long as you also edit the skeleton so that it reflects the changes.

If you want to verify that, do the following (after backing up your original Data folder, obviously):
1. Delete Body.solid
2. Copy Wolf.solid to Body.solid

If you start the game now, upon starting a level, it crashes.

But if you do the following as well:
1. Delete Skeleton/Basic Figure and Skeleton/Basic Figurelow
2. Copy Skeleton/Basic Figure wolf to Skeleton/Basic Figure
3. Copy Skeleton/Basic Figure wolf low to Skeleton/Basic Figurelow

.. then it works out! Here's a screenshot:

But as you can see, the animation is all wonky, some vertices in the wolf's chest behave as if they were rabbit ears.

Not a big deal at all though! I'm in the process of making an animation editor.

Animation data in Lugaru appears to be structured in the following way:
Number of keyframes | Number of skeletal joints | Transformation of joints (Frame 1) | Game logic data for frame 1 | Time offset for frame 1 | Transformation of joints (Frame 2) | Game logic data for frame 2 | Time offset for frame 2 | ... | Transformation of joints (Frame n) | Game logic data for frame n | Time offset for frame n | Other game logic data

So what'll be possible when I've got it all done is changing a character along with his skeletal data as well as changing animations. What exactly works is a matter of some intense testing though, which is why this shit takes forever :P

Currently, all of this is still command line stuff, so it's unusable. I'll integrate all of it into the editor when I'm confident it works though. Right now, I'm still handling rudimentary bugs. So this might still take a few weeks. Bummer, I know. But if it all works out, it'll be glorious indeed.

Edit: Also, I love love LOVE your new stuff. Very reduced models with strong textures. You're really beginning to mature.

As for your future as a modeler, if you want to really make an impact to later get jobs more easily, a good way of starting a serious career as an amateur is to do modeling for open source games. What you need is reference material that's being used and appreciated. Like your stuff in this thread.
Also, this thread right here documents you evolving to a serious modeler. So even if you hate your old models, they show that you're really growing up and you should show them off to document your progress when asked.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:50 pm

Stares at rudel in silent awe... I shall wait forever if I must! Take your time and make it perfect!
rudel_ic wrote:Also, I love love LOVE your new stuff. Very reduced models with strong textures. You're really beginning to mature.

As for your future as a modeler, if you want to really make an impact to later get jobs more easily, a good way of starting a serious career as an amateur is to do modeling for open source games. What you need is reference material that's being used and appreciated. Like your stuff in this thread.
Also, this thread right here documents you evolving to a serious modeler. So even if you hate your old models, they show that you're really growing up and you should show them off to document your progress when asked.
Thanks rudel, I'll look into it. It's such a great feeling to be supported by you guys, really makes me strong. Thanks a lot to all of you.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:31 pm

support? who's supporting? we just want you to make better stuff for us :D

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:17 pm

Haha! Well then, your desire for better stuff, and my ability to create it makes me feel good.

Edit: BTW rudel, I've been using this icon for brainfart, what do you think?
Attachments
Brainfart icon - must be converted to .ico<br />(had to convert it to .jpg to attach)
Brainfart icon - must be converted to .ico
(had to convert it to .jpg to attach)
Icon.jpg (2.55 KiB) Viewed 6039 times

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:44 am

Looks good to me! I'll use that then for future releases, if that's okay with you.

blood-shard
Location: in a house in a heartbeat 28 miles away 28 days later

Post by blood-shard » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:13 am

Lol brainfart xD i still thinks its hillarious i think ill find something to connect each letter to xD B.R.A.I.N.F.A.R.T
Beach
Rally
Asian
Intelligence
Ninja
Fiction
Atomic
Rotery
Tit
XD I wish i was good at modeling :3 all im good at is C# programming -.-

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:54 am

C#? Sorry to get off topic, but do you happen to know of any good online resources to learn it? Thanks :)

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:07 pm

rudel_ic wrote:Looks good to me! I'll use that then for future releases, if that's okay with you.
That's what I made it for. :wink:
blood-shard wrote:I wish i was good at modeling :3 all im good at is C# programming -.-
The fact that you can use blender at all makes you better than many (in that you stayed with it until you learned to use it well), I think your stuff is cool. Got any weapon models laying around that you want lugarutized? I'm happy to convert models for anyone.

blood-shard
Location: in a house in a heartbeat 28 miles away 28 days later

Post by blood-shard » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Dude its not that i dont like the stuff i make in blender i mean i feel awesome by the time ive curved the edges on a standard cube in blender but i feel my stuff is thin as air if i try and compair it too your things man :D Im the guy that stands in the background whit my shit trying to make you feel good xD and you're the one ive gotta try and surpass it will allways be like that xD