Lugaru RP!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
invertin

Lugaru RP!

Post by invertin » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:45 am

Time for strictness...

*Cracks knuckles*

Alright. Here are the rules for now. I might add more later though.

Golden rule- Use common sense.

Having a customized weapon is fine, but no matter how sharp or what material you use, your sword cannot shoot lazers or slice through a rock like a hot knife through butter. A sword is just an extension of the weilder, it is only as good as the person who uses it.

No gunpowder, no explosives, no human artifacts. Sure, the humans did exist, but we have found nothing but architecture. Seriously, no tools ahead of Lugaru's time.

This one will sound strange, but it's for a reason. Your character has to be accepted by me or someone I choose before you can play. Otherwise, you'll just get Captain Awesome running around killing everyone with his bare hands. Or bear hands.

If at some point your character dies, which is kind of unlikely, RPs rarely have dying people. Anyway if your character does die, it can't come back. Death is the end of a character.

For now, a limit of one character for simplicities sake. If that character dies or is otherwise impossible to play, it's okay to start a new one.

Not a rule, and I will allow it, but I'd prefer if there were no cross-species characters. Like a half-wolf half-hyena, it's just a bit odd.

This is set a long time after Lugaru 1, maybe even after Lugaru 2. So society has moved up a bit, some species trust other species, though obvious problems still remain. Wolves and rabbits are still in a constant war, and rats are hunted down by the cats. Other inter-species problems are probably obvious, so I'll just let the RPing discover those.

Event system- Basically, whenever something big happens like, a wolf uprising or a cat attack or maybe some kind of sudden religious crusade, then for a while new characters have to be put somewhere away from it, we don't want random new characters running in during some kind of epic 1-on-1 battle though new characters can still join in at any point. Whatever the event is, anyone who participates might get a reward at the end. Whether or not you get a reward and how powerful the reward is is based off of how detailed you were, how fair you were and how cool you were.

Example- While slicing someone in half with a single slash is pretty cool, it isn't very fair. So maybe describing the blood and guts flying through the air, then afterwards you.. I dunno turn to block another attack but are too slow and get hit, that would be alot of detail and a bit of fairness.
NOTE: Fairness doesn't mean how much you get hit. You can be fair and not get hit very much.

Character Sheet-
Name
Species
Equipment
History

Example (not my character just for show)-
Name- Turner
Species- Rabbit
Age- Unknown (how old is he anyway?)
Appearance- Light tan/brown fur with various brighter spots, his stomach is almost white. He wears thick leather armor and his ears are sticking right up.
Equipment- Sword (on belt) Knife (Generally in hand)
History- Turner lived in a small tribe of rabbits in the south-west of lugaru. One day his daughter noticed a strange rabbit outside the city, when Turner went to investigate, the rabbit attacked. Another visitor arrived and told turner it was a raider, then took him out into some plains. Unfortunately, it was a trap and Turner's family and friends were killed while he was away.

(You know the rest)

Is THAT strict enough?
Last edited by invertin on Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lotus Wolf

Re: Lugaru RP!

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:04 pm

ok, i will agree with you that the other one was getting freaky, but hey... what can you do...? :?

Name: Jack T. Ripper
Species: Wolf
Appearance: Sleek black fur, sharp yellow eyes, 280 lbs, 6'5".
Equipment: Scale Armor, Spear, Tanto, Natural Claws & Teeth.
History: Openly practices cannibalism, he appeared on Lugaru years ago, during the Overgrowth period. Known for brutal killings.

blood-shard
Location: in a house in a heartbeat 28 miles away 28 days later

Post by blood-shard » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:25 pm

ok new char finaly the other rp got booring and wierd so i decided my old char had too die xD well>

Name:Shardik
Species:wolf
Appearance: Black fur on the torso and legs/arms,feet,paws,tail grey/white,green eyes 295,lbs 6"3'
equipment:Daito katana whit polished wood sheet,tanto,natural claws and teeth,martial arts(aikido and nintaijutsu),skin west and pants,big leather boots,pan flute(if allowed)
history:Shardiks a skilled fighter pure of soul & spirit.He's too kind hearted and allmost not able too kill anyone at all. he's been trained by monks since he were just a boy he's been a member of their clan ever since
Shardiks from the overgrowth period.
Last edited by blood-shard on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:52 pm

ok, for the martial arts you have there: Aikido is real, but "ninjutsu" was made up for Naruto (i hate that show...) the nearest thing to it is Jujitsu.

blood-shard

Post by blood-shard » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:56 pm

Lotus Wolf wrote:ok, for the martial arts you have there: Aikido is real, but "ninjutsu" was made up for Naruto (i hate that show...) the nearest thing to it is Jujitsu.
actualy you are wrong ninjutsu is a real thing i dont mean that naruto crap i mean the korean stealth martial art check it out for your self besides whit is a naruto im from denmark and i have no idea xD oh and im sory i ment nintaijutsu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-9ftVTnwic

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:10 pm

ok, if you meant Nintaijutsu then im fine with that. But naruto is a show on TV, and they practice Ninjitsu as a martial art, and its full of sh*t...

blood-shard

Post by blood-shard » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:12 pm

Lotus Wolf wrote:ok, if you meant Nintaijutsu then im fine with that. But naruto is a show on TV, and they practice Ninjitsu as a martial art, and its full of sh*t...
magic mombojumbo aint my kinda stuff xD

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Lotus Wolf wrote:ok, i will agree with you that the other one was getting freaky, but hey... what can you do...? :?

Name: Jack T. Ripper
Species: Wolf
Appearance: Sleek black fur, sharp yellow eyes, 280 lbs, 6'5".
Equipment: Scale Armor, Spear, Tanto, Natural Claws & Teeth.
History: Openly practices cannibalism, he appeared on Lugaru years ago, during the Overgrowth period. Known for brutal killings.
Ahaha. Jack the Ripper. Accepted.
Name:Shardik
Species:wolf
Appearance: Black fur on the torso and legs/arms,feet,paws,tail grey/white,green eyes 295,lbs 6"3'
equipment:Daito katana whit polished wood sheet,tanto,natural claws and teeth,martial arts(aikido and nintaijutsu),skin west and pants,big leather boots,pan flute(if allowed)
history:Shardiks a skilled fighter pure of soul & spirit.He's too kind hearted and allmost not able too kill anyone at all. he's been trained by monks since he were just a boy he's been a member of their clan ever since
Shardiks from the overgrowth period.
Accepted.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:32 pm

thank you invertin :)

blood-shard

Post by blood-shard » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:59 pm

thanks invertin i will make sure not to break the laws xD

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:21 pm

Name - Celias
Species - Hyena
Age - 24 (Omigawd, he's older >=O)
Appearance - Much like a large dog, he has brownish fur on his sides and back, a black stripe running down the length of his back, lighter tan fur on his belly, and black spots along his body. He has large claws on his feet and hands, and some long fangs to boot. He also has a scar running down the side of his back.
Equipment - Consists of the Othin Bane, a Norwegian sword that can distribute its weight to the will of the user, and a crossbow.
History - Celias was part of a mixed clan of animals, and about 60% of his pack was wiped out in an attack. He grew up alone from the age of 7 on, and became a mercenary trader. He quickly picked up tricks from some older accomplices, including his ex-master Dante. [The details are blurry, but after an argument that escalated into a fight, Dante gave Celias his scar, broke his sword in half, and then left him for dead amidst a mountain-side full of wolf packs.]

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:14 pm

Name: Ogier
Race: Capybara
Personality: Completely steadfast, enjoys going away from his normal pattern all the time. trustworthy when he's not lying.
Equipment: A bright green loincloth, a tattered floral print blanket worn around the shoulders. A battered falcata, rusted shamshir, and assorted eating implements.
Physical Description: 5'4", 176 pounds. Patchy fur from where he's ripped it out, always smiling an enormous smile reminiscent of an insane bullfrog.
Background: to the best of his (and anyone else's knowledge) popped out of a hole in the ground like the Incas, spent his life eating assorted birds and "collecting" things from peoples houses.

is this still all right? I mean it's not too random, and I was planning to do some serious stuff, I certainly wouldn't god mod and such.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:45 pm

i vote to let Ogier back in, his random actions were funny and didn't complicate the story. plus he said he'd be a little more serious this time.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:06 am

Guess I'll resubmit my old character.

Name: Odin Kilgore
Race: Rabbit
Personality: Fairly calm and quiet, enjoys messing with others, enjoys interacting with others
Appearance: Grey fur with white streaks down his back, one green eye, one blue eye, wears a set of light, flexible studded leather armor with dark green pants and a simple leather belt with a metal buckle (wears and apron when working). Clothing and equipment is worn but in good condition.
Equipment: Set of throwing knives (small pouch on belt), Parang (sheathed on belt), Slingshot and Pellets (pouch on belt), Foot claws (worn only when fighting, stored in duffle), Cooking equipment (medium sized duffle slung over shoulder when traveling), Billhook (stored in duffle), Eiku with metal reinforced edges (carried, otherwise strapped to duffle)
Abilities of Note: Bartending, mixing drinks, a good brawler (bar fighting), good with improvised weaponry
Faults: angers easily when drunk; dislikes loud, arrogant people
Relatives: None living

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:46 am

All accepted.

Ogier.. Alright you're accepted too. :roll:

Working on a little story in my head. Then came up with a little system thingy for big events, so check the first post for that.