No move for fire death?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.

No move for fire death?

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:05 am

How come getting opponents to burn to death dosen't have a name (life wolf slayer, or backstab, ect.) and earns you no points?

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:05 am

Because it was most likely an accident that they ran into the fire in the first place.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:34 am

Indeed, why should you get rewarded for something you probably didn't cause?

e2dolce

Post by e2dolce » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:58 am

I sometimes make an enemy run into a fire so i can kill them more easily or kick an enemy through a fire then let it hit another enemy (easy kills)...

but if it is an accident it would be wrong to use that to get a higher score.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:27 pm

Me also, but its also possible that the player didn't intend to guide the enemy the fire, so when they get a bonus for something they didn't cause it breaks the suspension of disbelief.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:02 am

If you throw a knife at somebody who doesnt die of it, and then rolls over him and pulls the knife out, you get no score :roll: .
You can´t call THAT an accident :!:

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:48 am

Why should you get a score if it didn't kill?[/url]

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:18 pm

if one of the rabbits jumps off the edge of a really tall place without your intervention, you get points for instant-death.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:30 pm

Yes, because you also get a bonus if you throw them off the ledge.
That has always annoyed me though :\

iahucarus

Post by iahucarus » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:47 am

I must admit, watching a rabbit leap off the edge of a floating rock to his horrid demise for no apparent reason other than frustration with life and getting a *large* amount of points for such an event has a certain feeling of disconcertion to it, but it's rather entertaining when they do so to dodge a blow, and there is no greater of a feeling of delectation and ecasty than to physically throw them off the legde, watching their hapless form plummet like a broken man (or rabbit) to make a fresh imprint in the ground, next to the crumpled bodies of their unfortunate comrades, only for their assasin to swiftly return to the gory revery of intense battle on his perilous perch. Such moments far outweigh any of the undermining of the suspension of disbeleif.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sun May 01, 2005 1:49 am

...what?

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sun May 01, 2005 9:01 am

I think he said "I like it when the rabbits jump off the ledge."

iahucarus

Post by iahucarus » Sun May 08, 2005 1:22 am

Crill3 wrote:...what?
Sigh... let me paraphrase for you

"I must admit, watching a rabbit leap off the edge... has a certain feeling of disconcertion to it"=When the enemies jump off the edge for no good reason, it seems kind of weird.

"it's rather entertaining when they do so to dodge a blow"= It's funny when they do that to get out of your way.

"there is no greater of a feeling of delectation and ecasty than to physically throw them off the legde."=It's even more fun to throw them of the ledge yourself.

"watching their hapless form plummet like a broken man (or rabbit) to make a fresh imprint in the ground, next to the crumpled bodies of their unfortunate comrades," = It's a great sight to see them fall.

"only for their assasin to swiftly return to the gory revery of intense battle on his perilous perch."= ...And then return to fighting the remaining enemies.

"Such moments far outweigh any of the undermining of the suspension of disbeleif"= Those things make up for the few minor flukes.

See? That wasn't so hard, was it?

Post by Guest » Sun May 29, 2005 1:24 am

I enjoy leg canoning them through the fire. But thats just me :twisted:.
Once I kicked a flaming guy into a non-flaming guy, But I was on fire and died :( .

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sun May 29, 2005 2:06 am

iahucarus wrote:
Crill3 wrote:...what?
Sigh... let me paraphrase for you

"I must admit, watching a rabbit leap off the edge... has a certain feeling of disconcertion to it"=When the enemies jump off the edge for no good reason, it seems kind of weird.

"it's rather entertaining when they do so to dodge a blow"= It's funny when they do that to get out of your way.

"there is no greater of a feeling of delectation and ecasty than to physically throw them off the legde."=It's even more fun to throw them of the ledge yourself.

"watching their hapless form plummet like a broken man (or rabbit) to make a fresh imprint in the ground, next to the crumpled bodies of their unfortunate comrades," = It's a great sight to see them fall.

"only for their assasin to swiftly return to the gory revery of intense battle on his perilous perch."= ...And then return to fighting the remaining enemies.

"Such moments far outweigh any of the undermining of the suspension of disbeleif"= Those things make up for the few minor flukes.

See? That wasn't so hard, was it?
Nooo.
When I readt it part by part, I didn't even need an explanation.