Premature - Lugaru Nightmare

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Groveller

Premature - Lugaru Nightmare

Post by Groveller » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:56 am

Update: Since this is pretty much not gonna happen (I warned ya, din't I?), I'm releasing what I had so far so whoever is interested can do whatever they want with it. Even if no-one uses it, I sure had fun working on it. Skins.zip and Skins2.zip are, surprisingly, the skins (which were most of what I finished), and the Hell landscape. Levels.zip is mostly unfinished ideas for settings, including the meteor shower thing. Nightmare.txt was the general script, planing, and brainstorming thing, included for the sake of anyone wondering what the story was going to be.

Note that Frankenbunny should have "size 1.3" and "proportion 0.8 1.1 1.3 0.9", and that Stronge (though unfinished) had "proportion -1 1 1 1".

Seeya round, folks!
~Grov

Original post:

Like many players, I've become interested in adding to Lugaru. Like most, I'll probably give up before finishing anything. So far, I'm just playing with ideas, and seeing what I can do. Already, though, I've got some pictures that I think are worth showing. Not because they show progress, just because I think they're cool.

So anyway, here's a few random pictures from Lugaru: Nightmare, or: Yet Another Eternally Incomplete Campaign.

Kneel before Ba'alzebunny!

Brrr... it's cold without skin.

You killed me, father!

Hopefully, there will be more to come.
Attachments
Nightmare.txt
(5.57 KiB) Downloaded 586 times
Levels.zip
(25.86 KiB) Downloaded 576 times
Skins2.zip
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 598 times
Skins.zip
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 604 times
Last edited by Groveller on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sandurz

Re: Premature

Post by Sandurz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:23 am

wait, isnt balzebul supposed to be a fly?

Groveller

Post by Groveller » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:51 am

Lord of the Flies. In this case, Lord of the Flying Bunnies.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:18 am

strange I always spelt it beelzebub.

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:16 pm

Count Roland wrote:strange I always spelt it beelzebub.
I'm pretty sure that's the proper spelling.

A scary or atleast scary-themed lugaru mod? Interesting. Hope you finish it someday, eventually...

Nice screenshots, though it's a bit hard to tell what's going on in the last one.

Groveller

Post by Groveller » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:01 pm

Yeah, it's an odd one. Turner certainly looks bewildered. I'd added a bunch of Aprils of different sizes (from 0.5 to 1.5 or so) to see if I could use dialogue/cinematics to make it appear that it was only one rabbit changing from small child to giant monster (I think it'll work, if I can get around the dialogue issues). When I loaded the level again I was surprised to find them all attacking me straight away. That'll teach me to create monsters. Strangely, the game is randomly assigning that skin to other rabbits throughout the game, now.

As for Baal/Baalzebub/Ba'al/Ba'al Zhebûb/Beezlebub/Beetroot/Beelzebub/Beelzebul/Bathtub/whatever... yeah. There's quite some variations, due to it being old and much translated. Words get mangled between languages with different character sets, especially when spellings aren't standardised to begin with. It can be hard to tell who or what it was even meant to be - a god to some, the Devil to others. While I wouldn't quote it in serious conversation, the Wikipedia entry for Beelzebub at least gives some idea of the confusion on the matter.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:18 pm

hahah you have to turn hostility to zero, I forget the command but I think it was something like hostile 0 or hostility 0 or something.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Groveller wrote:/Bathtub/
lol.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:15 pm

I'm wondering if it'll be actually scary or just monsterish.

I can't look at that fleshy rabbit for too long, it's actually kind of disgusting. In a good way. You know what I mean.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:51 am

Mmm, muscles.

Not that'd be something for OG... a muscle-rabbit with translucent skin where you can see the muscles working. Now there'd be some coding practice!

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:51 pm

pretty sure that no one has brought it up yet, but do you have a mac? windows wont do dialogues in the editor, and hex editing them in is a pain...

Groveller

Post by Groveller » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:28 pm

Hehehe, you and I actually discussed this a few days ago on IRC. I'm still planning on trying to run the mac version in an emulator, see if that works. When I get around to it, that it.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:00 pm

*facepalm*
LOL
i remember now... :oops: :P

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:01 am

Cool! Did you just set the first rabbit on fire or get the animation to stick to him some other way?

Stromboli

Post by Stromboli » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:06 am

If this ever gets off the ground, I'd love to make some properly demonic looking weapons and textures.