Debug Not Working

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Zeno

Debug Not Working

Post by Zeno » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:09 pm

Firstly, I realize there are a few other topics about this on the forum. I couldn't find a a working answer in any if them... so I thought it would be better to create a new thread, rather than revive an old one.

Anyway, my problem is as follows. I cannot get debug to work, no matter what I do. I went in to config.txt to see if debug was set to 1... it was. But, I'm honestly not sure if the file is actually affecting the game. I completely removed it from the game directory, and ran the game. It ran fine... Additionally, Difficulty is set to 2 in the file. I don't think I'm on that difficulty, unless that's default. And, Debug was set to 1 by default, so that's a little suspicious.

I tried Shift + M, the tilde, blah blah blah. Nothing. Help would be greatly appreciated!

On a (possibly related) note, I have two Debug Readme's in the Data folder. One is just a .txt file while the other is classified as a "File.' Not identified as anything... however, I can open it with wordpad and see the normal stuff. This isn't the only case where I have a normal .txt/.lua/.something or other file along with a "File." I think it's a Vista problem. CURSE YOU VISTA!

Tl;Dr

Debug doesn't work. It's set to 1, and I've tried Shift+M and everything.
Last edited by Zeno on Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandurz

Re: Debug Not Working

Post by Sandurz » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:21 pm

no, ive had this problem too, and i dont have vista. change it to 0, open and a a lvel or two, and change it back to 1. it worked for me. theres also uninstalling and reinstalling

Zeno

Post by Zeno » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:45 pm

Gah, tried it. It didn't work... :(

It seems that Lugaru is simply not even reading from the config.txt. I changed the screen height and width to my native resolution (1400 by 900) and it made absolutely no difference in-game. :?
Now what?

Still, I appreciate the help.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:01 pm

Deleting your config file won't cause any problems normally since the game will just create a new one with the default settings in its place. I assume it didn't create a new one? If so, it's definitely not reading the file somehow.

Zeno

Post by Zeno » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:44 pm

Nope, it definitely didn't create a new one. But... I fail to see if how the game could function without one, right? If so, then how is the game even working in the first place??? :?

Groveller

Post by Groveller » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:43 am

I read Vista keeps the config.txt in a craaaazy place...
Jeff wrote:Yup, in Vista, the config.txt file is stored in another location. I don't have Vista handy right now, but it's something like
users / admin / app data / local virtual store / program files / lugaru / config.txt
...which you are presumably aware. But it's worth mentioning in case you're not.

I don't know if it would also have an unused config.txt in the normal place, and without Vista I can't check, but if it did that would explain it.

Healey007

Post by Healey007 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:18 pm

that happened to me on my friends vista. idk wtf is up, but i think jeffs right (well i KNOW he is, why wouldent he?)

EDIT: oooh oooh, jeff, are you using Mac for overgrowth?

Zeno

Post by Zeno » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:21 pm

Good Lord. Of ALL the places to keep it. Well, I've found the ACTUAL place the config is kept. Turns out that config in the game directory is a place holder or something. Anyway, the ACTUAL config.txt is kept in:

C://Users/Admin/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files (x86)/Lugaru/Data/config.txt
Oh, and a few of those files are hidden so you need to set the ability to few hidden files.

I hate Vista more than you can imagine. :evil:

So... I think this should be in a sticky or something. That is SERIOUSLY confusing.

Thanks!

Groveller

Post by Groveller » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:31 pm

You're probably right, but this way we can get the warm fuzzy feeling of helping someone every time someone encounters the problem. :)

Zeno

Post by Zeno » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:04 pm

Heh...

Anyway, it turned out I didn't really need debug... :roll:

I was trying to skip the (seemingly) impossible wolf den mission. But I beat it with ease today. I'm... not sure why. Still, making enemies explode is priceless!

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:28 pm

It was probly because you killed the weak ones first.
Have you ever gone in the wolf den, and gather everyone in one place, and explode them? Blood everywhere.

eyeCube

Post by eyeCube » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Thanks, I was about to ask this question. I hate Vista so much... You know, there are ways to "downgrade" (even though it's more of an upgrade) to XP from Vista, but I don't trust and wouldn't recommend any of them.