Map Editor Problem - Super Strong Enemies

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
skraeling

Map Editor Problem - Super Strong Enemies

Post by skraeling » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:26 pm

So, I'm working with the map editor and the enemies I've placed are unusually long lasting. Wolves take five sword strikes to kill; rabbits take blows from the staff until it shatters and still get up. I thought the problem might be protection and armor but when I change these with armornear and proetectionnear to the base ({1.0 1.0 1.0}, and I've tried 2.0 as well), the enemies die from one hit and explode into drops of blood.
I'm assuming the map is corrupted somehow, but is there some way to fix this problem, with hex edit or any other method?

Glabbit

Re: Map Editor Problem - Super Strong Enemies

Post by Glabbit » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Possibly the player's power or strength is up?

Groveller

Post by Groveller » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:01 pm

I'm finding a lot of strangeness with these things too. It seems fairly random which attributes will be saved, and how the attributes affect each other.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:19 am

Groveller wrote:I'm finding a lot of strangeness with these things too. It seems fairly random which attributes will be saved, and how the attributes affect each other.
Same here. It's like, die already, gosh!

matt42

Post by matt42 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:34 am

If you set in the console strengthnear 1 or 2 or 0 1-medium 2-strong 0-leak

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:22 pm

actually with strength I believe it can go up to nine. don't remember though.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:18 pm

It can go up to infinite or so, but using such numbers sometimes causes Lugaru's collision detection to crash the game if you "Light" punch someone into a wall at the speed of sound.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:42 am

skraeling wrote:So, I'm working with the map editor and the enemies I've placed are unusually long lasting. Wolves take five sword strikes to kill; rabbits take blows from the staff until it shatters and still get up. I thought the problem might be protection and armor but when I change these with armornear and proetectionnear to the base ({1.0 1.0 1.0}, and I've tried 2.0 as well), the enemies die from one hit and explode into drops of blood.
I'm assuming the map is corrupted somehow, but is there some way to fix this problem, with hex edit or any other method?
for some reason didn't read this, did you change their stats to something lower earlier? because sometimes, if you lower or raise stats than typing in one will keep it the way it is. and you have to do something like armorresetnear or something like that or maybe it was armornearreset. something like that can do protection too.

Groveller

Post by Groveller » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:46 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:It can go up to infinite or so, but using such numbers sometimes causes Lugaru's collision detection to crash the game if you "Light" punch someone into a wall at the speed of sound.
Only the speed of sound? Pansy. :P

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:32 am

i remember when Tannim made a map where you had to let a bunny super-power roundhouse you across the map, through a tube, then into a small cave where you win the level for getting there.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:05 am

Groveller wrote:
BunnyWithStick wrote:It can go up to infinite or so, but using such numbers sometimes causes Lugaru's collision detection to crash the game if you "Light" punch someone into a wall at the speed of sound.
Only the speed of sound? Pansy. :P
Yes, well, the power/strength variable seems to become exponentially less effective as it goes up to higher numbers. There's a noticeable difference between 999999 and 600, (the higher number creates instant vaporisation effects, whereas 600 just flings them around really fast, although admittedly after their skeleton is somewhat pulverised) but not as much as between 1 and 10, for instance.

As a result, I don't think lightspeed is practically attainable (nor recordable) due to the large number required and also the fact that after a certain point, they just cease to exist as solid objects (although their gooey gaseous entrail-cloud is propelled at probably near-lightspeed).

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:59 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:they just cease to exist as solid objects
And go flying through other solids at high speeds, causing breakup of the entrails cloud.