The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Groveller

Re: the Seven Tasks - a mini campaign

Post by Groveller » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:47 am

Very cool, skraeling, very cool.

NinjaRabbits

Post by NinjaRabbits » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:15 pm

Are you going to make a sequel to this game?

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:29 pm

i don't see why it needs one.

but i do want more campaigns to play.

*looks at skrealing*

ACaron

Post by ACaron » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:37 am

Dude, that's an amazing campaign!

But, I'm stuck. :roll:
I need some help, please.

In the monastery level, after killing the 4 templars and the first monk, where the fuck am I supposed to go?
I tried the right cube, the beams of the ceiling, the other floor of the South and the one of the North, etc.

Thanks if you answer. :D

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 pm

at that point, i simply made a long jump over the gap, then was ambushed by more bunnies. (that's not very descriptive, but it might help)

John

Post by John » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:35 pm

This was awesome. I beat it on insane a couple of days ago. It was very creative the way you arranged scenes with masters teaching pupils. Trying to find the guy giving Yew missions was a fun challenge at times with no mini-map.

Also the sandstorm was pretty dramatic.

I must say the wolves level was super hard. It took me a little while to realize that the wolves had double health. However, I finally discovered that if you knock someone down and roll over them and press "q" (even if they haven't drawn or dropped their weapon yet) you get their weapon. Once I secured the sword this way, it was over.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing this with the community!

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:43 pm

Woah
I went through that fairly quick, and enjoy it a lot. Skraeling here has a very nice attention to detail! I liked the little shrine at the village a lot. =D

I was surprised at myself at how quickly I was killing the wolves, though... the spinecrusher really works wonders on them!

Zombie level: OMFG!
The first two tries I ended up thinking "Can these creatures even die at all?". Then I managed to kill one before I died the second time, so that gave me confidence.

Now, once I've finally beaten it and quit lugaru for the first time since I installed this campaign, I have pain in my wrists from trying so hard, and I have a new-found love for the rabbit kick.

Woah.
You sir, skaeling, are brilliant =D

skraeling

Post by skraeling » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:53 pm

Wow, that's quite a response. Thanks to everyone for their compliments.

Glabbit, thank you very much for your praise and I am glad you liked the detail I put into my maps. It is one of the things I'm most proud of. (p.s. it's not just a shrine but also a sacrificial altar.)

John, I am glad you enjoyed the varying nature of the "mission briefing" levels. I hope it was a fun challenge finding Sage and not a frustrating one. (and thanks for the strategy of rolling over fallen enemies and picking up their weapons, I didn't know about that.)

ACaron, I'm not sure what are the right cube, South floor, or North floor, but if you've beaten the first monk then the following will get you to where you need to be. The platform the first monk is meditating on is touching a wall. Face the wall opposite to this one. Now, your ultimate goal is off to your left, but your immediate goal is in front of you. There is a a box next to the support beam in front of you, although it's hard to see; jump to it. From the box, crouch jump up to the beam next to it. Remember that your ultimate goal was to your left? Look in that direction and you should see another support beam and beyond it a platform with a rabbit on a box. Jump to the next beam and from the beam to the platform. You're there. Also, playing on difficult will give you radar so you can see where your next enemy is. (Please try and watch your language. Children and the faint of heart may be reading.)

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:16 pm

skraeling wrote:Please try and watch your language. Children and the faint of heart may be reading.
i was thinking of calling him on that, but neverminded it.
skraeling wrote:and thanks for the strategy of rolling over fallen enemies and picking up their weapons, I didn't know about that.
Here's another you might not know about: if you stick a knife into a wolf, he won't pull in out. then if you knock him down, you can roll over him and press Q to rip it out, killing the wolf.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Here's another you might not know about: if you stick a knife into a wolf, he won't pull in out. then if you knock him down, you can roll over him and press Q to rip it out, killing the wolf.
Wow, I didn't know that one. Thanks for the tip!
*tries it out*

NinjaRabbits

Post by NinjaRabbits » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:00 pm

Actually , I do see a reason for there to be a sequel , and here it is: The talk of the Queen escaping , the mystery behing Yew's organization , the rabbit stuck in that box.................

(the box thing sounded 'Who" like.........)

A sequel would be cool.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:36 pm

he explained that he did those things on purpose to let the players figure out on their own. but you have a point. i'd like another campaign from him, whatever its plot is, all of his maps are very enjoyable. he should make more. *Looks at skraeling again*

Vrav

Post by Vrav » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:54 am

This was fun. I've only been able to defeat three zombies before getting reversal'd to death, but the regular campaign was very creative and surreal. While playing through it, I found myself imagining a detailed environment to fit the general impressionism of the blocks; maybe the reasoning behind this is that a rabbit might only see the shape of his environment, ignoring tiny details?

I also imagined that the Yew, Sage and all the friendly rabbits were actually rats, and the city was run by cats, etc. It was interesting to think about, for me. You did a good job.

ACaron

Post by ACaron » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:46 pm

Woooah! Thanks Skraeling!

The right cube that I mentioned was your box.
Haha, I've done the Lugaru a few times and all the challenges, and I never know that "The longer the key is held, the higher the jump." Thanks WikiWolfire!
That's why I couldn't go on this beam. ^^

Sorry guys for the f-word, where I come from is not as coarse as in the US.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:03 pm

I've made some new assets for the menu of The Seven Tasks, and i'll wait for skraeling's permission to post them, otherwise anyone interested may PM me and i'll send them to you early.