Editor: Map Objectives

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Groveller

Editor: Map Objectives

Post by Groveller » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:26 am

mapkillsomeone = set the map objective to kill a specific enemy
mapkillmost = set the map objective to kill everyone but one
Has anyone had any luck with these? Are there more parameters here?

Lotus Wolf

Re: Editor: Map Objectives

Post by Lotus Wolf » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:28 am

i've never had any luck with them, no, i'm not sure if there's more parameters, it would be nice to know though...

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:17 am

D'oh!

Really?

Rats. They seemed like such cool ideas to help with story flow...

Not to be whiny (ok, to be whiny...), but I'm gonna be stoked when OG comes out because I just know the dialogue edit and install coding is going to have lots fewer bugs in it than L1.

Man, I think I found at least 50 random ways for it to crash the game and/or my computer trying to put my script in today. Plus I have a cold.

...but as Ralph Wiggum says, "I'm learnding!"
I got dialogue to work for 3 levels... only 45 left to go.

Ok, done whining.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:07 pm

well get past the bugs and gimme the campaign! (JK)

sounds cool, i'll be looking forward to it.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:44 pm

WAIT!

mapkillsomeone has to work! --in the very first level of Rabbit's Foot, Turner talks to his family, (or you can skip that) and then runs up the hill to fight the first stranger. You knock him out; the level ends.

Is it done with a hotspot? *goes to try it...*

skraeling

Post by skraeling » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:56 pm

kehaar wrote:WAIT!

mapkillsomeone has to work! --in the very first level of Rabbit's Foot, Turner talks to his family, (or you can skip that) and then runs up the hill to fight the first stranger. You knock him out; the level ends.

Is it done with a hotspot? *goes to try it...*
You fight the rabbit in a separate level from the village. It goes to the level immediately, with no loading screen and without returning to the map screen. While fighting the stranger rabbit, you'll notice that if you run back to the village, no one is there, until you win and get taken back to the village level.

EDIT:
I've just done some tests.
It seems that the map conditions "mapkillmost", "mapkillsomeone", and "mapgosomewhere" may not make any difference at all, except that you won't win if you kill everyone.
Mapkillmost doesn't seem to work at all.
It seems that hotspot are the conditions that determine victory.
Attaching a hotspot 11-20, works; if you kill that player you will win the map. But it doesn't have to be coupled with "mapkillsomeone." It works on a "mapkillmost" as well.

I'm guessing from this, that you can have multiple win conditions if you use hotspots. Although I haven't tested this I'm assuming you could pull off the following scenario: have a map that is "mapkilleveryone", attach an 11-20 hotspot to a player, and attach a -1 hotspot to a location. Predicted result: you can win by killing everyone, or you can win by killing one individual, or you can win by going to a specific spot and not engaging in any combat.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:02 pm

No loading screen? Weird. I just tested it out and you're right. I was sure that when I played that level a while back there was a loading screen…

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:06 pm

skraeling wrote: It seems that hotspot are the conditions that determine victory.
Attaching a hotspot 11-20, works; if you kill that player you will win the map. But it doesn't have to be coupled with "mapkillsomeone." It works on a "mapkillmost" as well.

I'm guessing from this, that you can have multiple win conditions if you use hotspots. Although I haven't tested this I'm assuming you could pull off the following scenario: have a map that is "mapkilleveryone", attach an 11-20 hotspot to a player, and attach a -1 hotspot to a location. Predicted result: you can win by killing everyone, or you can win by killing one individual, or you can win by going to a specific spot and not engaging in any combat.
Sounds plausible... but I couldn't figure out how to attach the hotspot to a particular character... what exactly do you type into the console? The wiki just says "attach it"

btw, that's so cool how it was done in rabbit's foot. I always wondered what the slight pause and jerk was just when you approach the guy, I just figured it for a glitch.

skraeling

Post by skraeling » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:31 am

So, let's say I want to attach a "must kill to win" hotspot to a player, I'd type "hs 10.0 11", if that was the first player placed on the map. If the player was the 6th player placed on the map then I'd type "hs 10.0 16" and so on.

Groveller

Post by Groveller » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:17 am

Aha! I didn't even think of hotspots when I looked into this.

Nice work!

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:18 am

Yes indeedy, very nice!

I've been messing around with a "must kill this one guy to win" hotspot all evening, with random and funny results.

I'm trying to have three rabbits in a conversation:

--one meany guard, who will attack when the dialogue is finished, he's the guy to kill: hs 11 for the tough guy.

--one ally, who is "type sitting wall", pretending to be sick, I put a -1 hs under him just in case the fight gets too close-- He will get up and join as a hostile if he takes a hit, which makes no sense at all in the story...

--and you, the player's rabbit.

1st time playing it in a short 3 level campaign works perfect. Yay! Camera's all wonky where the snow-level on the platform randomly changes, but that's filming rabbit style. :lol: Fun.

2nd try playing through, and in the middle of the dialogue the injured "wall sitting" ally gets up and kind of sideways shuffles away out of the shot. The foreground two are frozen, the text progresses in it's panels, he's sneakin' out. Maybe he had to pee, or smoke a cig... dang SAG union actors!

Then the guard attacks, the now-hostile ally comes back, have to fight them both, kill guard and start running around in circles trying not to fight ally, at the same time trying to hit his level-winning hs to get to the next level. Whew.

3rd playthrough, same again. He looks like he's hoping you don't notice.

So that was something. Next to try: forgot to include mapkillsomeone or mapkillmost, didn't mess around with immobilizing.