Wolves! WTH!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
McJoggin

Wolves! WTH!

Post by McJoggin » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:28 pm

How do I kill wolves, like, i can handle 1, but it takes really long, and i am on the verge of death every time. I most use the sweep kick and that flying kick. Are there any fast techniques?

Count Roland

Re: Wolves! WTH!

Post by Count Roland » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:55 pm

I punch it till it dies, this works on insane too.

eyeCube

Post by eyeCube » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:02 am

There has been a topic or two about this before. I really don't see what the problem is... just get more practice and you should be fine. Play in easy mode- that's the best advice I can give you.

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:39 am

Learn to reverse : p

Lhorkan

Post by Lhorkan » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:10 am

If you have a knife, throw it in the wolf and rip it out again when he's on the ground (roll and Q). This insta-kills them.

If you're unarmed (as you usually are :(), you should keep jumping and saltoing in front of the wolf until he's confused (he'll just stand around). At this point, land a rabbit kick on him. You will want to send him flying into a wall, a tree or another enemy to do massive damage.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:54 am

Abuse the flip-confusion and rabbit kick them into things.

Just jump so they are between you and a brick, flip while you are in the air over and over (if they crouch while you are flipping they are immune for some reason) but land on your feet, quickly run towards the wolf, hold attack and press jump.

Wheee-Boot-whee-SMASH WOLF KILLER

Or enable debug and press "i". But that's cheating.

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:18 am

About 90 minutes after setting up this thread, something snapped in me, and i crushed the wolves, reversing every move. I even landed a double leg cannon and killed one like that. Unfortunately... i did so before reading any of your tips. :oops: Thnx tho.

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:29 am

Don't lie >_> you got raped :D
try insane if its too easy

McJoggin

Post by McJoggin » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:07 pm

Hehe... kay, maybe i didnt do THAT good. But I till won. And I really did do that leg cannon thing.

Skarluc

Post by Skarluc » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:04 am

I back stab them or i just 'heavy impact' them, thhey cannot do anything >:D

Cmyszka

Post by Cmyszka » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:29 pm

nutcracker wrote:Learn to reverse : p
Indeed... Learn counter-reversals too. I remember playing on medium and the first thing I did was spin kick a wolf. His reversal killed me... yes, first hit...

You HAVE to know how to get out of their reversals. You can't expect to hit every time, and you can't keep playing until you get a lucky streak of no reversals. Just get friendly with tapping shift after each attack and you'll be good.

D FENCE D FENCE DEEE FEEENNCEE!

indeed... a good defense is a great offense, or how ever that phrase goes...

EDIT: Frankly, most of the other suggestions I'm reading here won't help much. The ninja bonuses and Flip—>RabbitKicks are cheap and aren't worth it unless you really just need to get to the next level. You need to learn to actually fight them, not use cheap tricks to get to the next level which you'll find will only be tougher and require a new cheat. Take your time. If you know you can kill them, and are on a losing streak and just flat out sucking, switch from challanges to campain or vice versa or just take a break all together. When you come back you'll be kicking fluffy tail like a new man... er... rabbit.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:25 pm

hey hobbesinator seems like it's been a long time since you posted. lol new nickname for you.

h2ostra

Post by h2ostra » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Cmyszka wrote: Frankly, most of the other suggestions I'm reading here won't help much. The ninja bonuses and Flip—>RabbitKicks are cheap and aren't worth it unless you really just need to get to the next level. You need to learn to actually fight them, not use cheap tricks to get to the next level which you'll find will only be tougher and require a new cheat. Take your time. If you know you can kill them, and are on a losing streak and just flat out sucking, switch from challanges to campain or vice versa or just take a break all together. When you come back you'll be kicking fluffy tail like a new man... er... rabbit.
there's nothing wrong with learning to incorporate rabbit kicks into your standard battle plan. It works well if you can get them when they're just getting up (only if they don't roll, though. works much better against rabbits). also, if you can get the timing right, it works pretty well when they're charging you head-on in insane (haven't tried it too much in other difficulties). my favorite tactic (which does require a fair bit of luck) is to knock them onto their stomach, then get behind them and get them with a series of short punches-which will knock them back down, and straight kicks (the kind that you use against prone/crouching opponents). this only works right if you can get them not to roll, though. if you execute it right, though, you will also end up with a good amount of points. also, if you learn to roll over a dead body, pick it up, and hit them with it (this requires good timing. otherwise they will just hit you while you are crouched, trying to pick up the body).

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:46 am

Cmyszka wrote:D FENCE D FENCE DEEE FEEENNCEE!
Reminds me of my dad. He only used reversals in combat.

He didn't play for very long, but in the time that he did play he was nearly untouchable.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:09 am

I remember you telling us this before, Yes...

Pity I couldn'tve seen that for myself... Grengo desu. =3