Easyest way to kill a wolf/any other rabbit

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
sfriedlander

Re: Easyest way to kill a wolf/any other rabbit

Post by sfriedlander » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:07 pm

Eltro wrote:Esayest Way To Kill a Wolf (or any other enemy)

First get hold of a wepon (Staff work BY FAR the best and I almost NEVER use any other wepon)
Then do a sweep on the enemy and when he's on the ground, crouch and hit him with the staff, for wolves it takes ~4-5 for kill, normal rabbits can range b/t/w 1-3, if you fail at first,dont give up
I have major staff trouble when i am on jack's camp. when i take the staff from the rabbit and then try to attack one of the rabbits my staff is stolen back everytime and then i get a sweep to the head and die. Halp?!?!?!

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:09 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but there is a way to easily kill any enemy, on any difficulty setting with any amount of health, as long as you have a knife:

1. Jump over the enemy and do a flip. While flipping press the throw button. This will cause you to perform a 'ninja throw' (ninja because when it hits it says so :lol: ). If you do this right it is almost impossible for the enemy to dodge, however your aim is often off and you might have to try it a few times.
2. Once the knife is embedded in the enemy you need to make them fall to the ground with the side that has the knife facing upwards. The best way is to stay standing until they are very close and about to hit you, then crouch and attack, swiping their legs out from under them.
3. When they are on the ground roll over them and simultaneously press the knife pickup button. this will rip the knife out of them, causing an instant kill.

Note: This is in fact easier on wolves than rabbits, because wolves rarely if ever pull knives out of themselves. For rabbits you simply need to be fast, or try to aim for their back, where they will be less likely to pull it out. It is also easier if you turn while you flip over them so you are facing their back in mid air. They will not be able to avoid being hit if your throw aims correctly.

I have yet to find a scenario, even with the alpha wolf on hard and various other bosses, where I haven't been able to do this with a knife, and kill them with this 1-2-3 combo.

MONKEYZ RULE
mashed patatos and whipped cream
Location: Somewhere too warm for a jacket, yet too cold for shorts.

Post by MONKEYZ RULE » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:35 pm

1 Enemy/you unarmed: Weak punch then running attack. (Roundhouse)
1 Enemy/you with weapon: With a knife you can just throw it at its till dead, a sword you have to slash and be very carful because enemies WILL reverse and a staff you can 1 hit KO with a running attack.
2+ enemies: Just sweep the others and use the same techniques as above, 1 at a time. (I used this for level 6, I took on all at the same time so it does work)

invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:16 am

Jump + Flip = Confused enemies (unless they crouch while you flip)

Confused enemies + Rabbit Kick

Repeat until dead.

Devilsclub

Post by Devilsclub » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:00 am

BREAKING NEWS

I found out a way to kill rabbits on insane mode too without debug.First Equip yourself with any weapon.Then Flip yourself over any rabbit.When the @%#^ is confused Roundhouse kick him.When he gets up RABBIT KICK him.You have to get an instant kill.Or you have done something wrong.

invertin

Post by invertin » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:55 am

Why would you need a weapon? Roundhouse kicking and rabbit kicking don't use the weapon.

I prefer the knife rolling thingy. (I.E Throw knife, roll, grab knife while rolling. If you fail first time, just trip him up and try again. Be careful when tripping wolves. Their feet like your face.)

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:38 am

Devilsclub wrote:I found out a way to kill rabbits on insane mode too without debug.First Equip yourself with any weapon.Then Flip yourself over any rabbit.When the @%#^ is confused Roundhouse kick him.When he gets up RABBIT KICK him.You have to get an instant kill.Or you have done something wrong.
You can not be playing on insane.

On insane mode, wolves can(and do) survive up to 8 roundhouse kicks/leg cannons (By my count).

Oh yeah, and i thought your PC was to slow or something and you couldn't play lugaru at all...? :?:

Devilsclub

Post by Devilsclub » Fri May 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Lotus Wolf wrote:
Devilsclub wrote:I found out a way to kill rabbits on insane mode too without debug.First Equip yourself with any weapon.Then Flip yourself over any rabbit.When the @%#^ is confused Roundhouse kick him.When he gets up RABBIT KICK him.You have to get an instant kill.Or you have done something wrong.
You can not be playing on insane.

On insane mode, wolves can(and do) survive up to 8 roundhouse kicks/leg cannons (By my count).

Oh yeah, and i thought your PC was to slow or something and you couldn't play lugaru at all...? :?:
Check my lugaru the setting dawn campain my friend lets me play in his computer.
invertin wrote:Why would you need a weapon?
Just in case something goes wrong :mrgreen:

pwnasaurus

Post by pwnasaurus » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:06 pm

devlilsclub, i think you were in debug mode the whole time. i dont think you can enable slowmo if ur out of debug...

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:02 am

Get a sword, flip behind the wolf, backstab
or take a knife, unequip it, flip behind the wolf, equip the knife quickly and trach the wolf...

Aco

Post by Aco » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:51 pm

Devilsclub wrote:i found out a very easy way to kill a rabbit wolf even alpha wolf.:
ill quote this so it looks better
first go to data folder
then open config.txt
change debug to 1
open lugaru
go near any enemy
press i
blam they fall down.
i still havent figured out why this happenes?is this some kind of cheat code?
Try 'shift-i' instead of 'i'. Much more fun. :twisted:

Also, dangerous to yourself... =P

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:59 am

Didn't really think it needed its own thread...
Yes, I had debug mode on, but I didn't use it at all, I'd be willing to turn off debug mode and do it again if people really care.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:39 am

Ha ha, that's badass!

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:18 pm

What is so special about that.
I cleared campaign on insane without dying once :l
without debug, suck on that guys XD

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:25 pm

nutcracker wrote:What is so special about that.
I cleared campaign on insane without dying once :l
without debug, suck on that guys XD
Hm. Your modesty and discreet "seekage" for strokes is inspiring, nut.