The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Lotus Wolf

Re: Lugaru: Reluctant Assassin

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:42 pm

I mean, I didn't think the ending left it open for a sequel... :|

ilkondom

Post by ilkondom » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:43 am

So what you can make patch with one more level that have story somthing like that:Finaly vincet avenged for hi's teammates and after that... You think a new starting for Reluctant Assassin 2 or other name and you could make a whole triology.Again sory for my english.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:28 am

it's called reluctant assassin because he didn't want to fight. he only did because his friends were murdered. after he killed the imperialist leader, i thought it was obvious that his days as a killer were over.

pwnasaurus

Post by pwnasaurus » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:11 am

but heres the twist... that was a decoy imperialist leader!

NinjaRabbits

Post by NinjaRabbits » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Or you could find something from your other campaigns and key that all in and have all of the characters you've ever made up meet Turner... Or something wicked cool like that... i'm having my rabbits meet turner...

Because out of the campaign ideas that I have had, I've always been able to find something that would make an interesting continuation to the story.. whether it be their kids, their friends, arch nemesises or just some innocent bystander....

I talk too much, this I know.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:17 am

Wow, pretty cool, Lotus Wolf.

Good story, and fun fights, too.

It's tricky to lure away rabbits from those formations.

I'm floored you made that in 3 days.

Seems like dedit is about a tenth the pain in the neck that console is...

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:42 pm

Yep. :)

Well since Jo is still slacking on our other project, I may be doing some more work on this... :wink:

bobdole

Post by bobdole » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:08 pm

Making enormous maps with wide open spaces doesn't help. It doesn't contribute anything. It's exactly the same as fighting on the same empty map over and over again. You need to make smaller maps with tighter spaces so that you can use the spaces against your opponents. Putting 8 rabbits facing forward on a big field covered with bushes is not an interesting level.
Also, "Imperialists" is doesn't really mean what you think it does.

ht

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:10 pm

bobdole wrote:Also, "Imperialists" is doesn't really mean what you think it does.
Sooo, what you're saying is that you can read minds?! How do you know what he thinks it means? The way he used it was perfectly fine. And even if it was incorrect, that's kinda term rape for a game, isn't? :wink:

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:07 pm

I know what imperialism is. This reflects my take on the mindset. If you read, and understand the dialogue, you will find that I did not misuse the term.

On the subject of large maps... Large maps is something new that hasn't been fully explored in the engine. It's a new form of gameplay that I believe adds to the experience. Life isn't cut up into short levels, and small areas, now is it?

Enemy formations is also something nobody has tried. Most people find it hard because they can't take them all on at once without dying. That's why I added them, along with the "Why are they in formation? that's suspicious, I better investigate" thing. I think you don't like them because you can't fight them as they are.

Any questions?

NinjaRabbits

Post by NinjaRabbits » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:37 pm

None at all! ANd by the way: I thought it was said that there was NOT going to be a sequel for this..?

skraeling

Post by skraeling » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:10 am

Well done. It really is amazing that you accomplished this in just three days. I'm impressed. Definitely had some fun; had some frustrating moments too what with fighting eight rabbits at a time, but it all worked out okay.

Excellent job.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:30 am

skraeling wrote:Well done. It really is amazing that you accomplished this in just three days. I'm impressed. Definitely had some fun; had some frustrating moments too what with fighting eight rabbits at a time, but it all worked out okay.

Excellent job.
:D
NinjaRabbits wrote:None at all! ANd by the way: I thought it was said that there was NOT going to be a sequel for this..?
As long as Jo is still missing his work detail [XD], there shall be no clear answer to this. (Meaning I might make another if he doesn't start working.)

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:12 am

The sequel's on hold for now until I get the keyboard to my other computer back.

NinjaRabbits

Post by NinjaRabbits » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:40 pm

Ah. Well, I hope that's soon!