Lugaru Downloader

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
rapchee

Re: Lugaru Downloader

Post by rapchee » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:23 pm

2 short questions:
wouldn't it be possible to add a 'start lugaru' button?
why is it necessary to select the data folder, why not the game's root?

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:28 pm

rapchee wrote:why is it necessary to select the data folder, why not the game's root?
The data folder is in different locations relative to the game's root on different operating systems.
On OS X, for example, Lugaru.app/Data/ _and_ ~/Library/Application\ Support/Lugaru/Data/ are valid, and files with the same name in the latter overwrite duplicates in the former. To an extent.

Bottomline, it makes sense to ask.

rapchee

Post by rapchee » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:11 am

okay then another one: what if i switch to a mod from another mod that i haven't finished? will it keep my progress?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:42 am

No. It will put you at a level equal to where you left off the first mod. Currently the game can't tell the difference between mods.

greader

Post by greader » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:43 am

when I click on the link all I get is a blank page with what appears to be code (but looks like gibberish to me) :(

matto1990

Post by matto1990 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:32 pm

greader wrote:when I click on the link all I get is a blank page with what appears to be code (but looks like gibberish to me) :(
Not sure what the problem was for you but it's working fine for me. Maybe check again.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:25 pm

right click and do save linked file might work, or control+click if you have only one mouse button.

Lou Garug

Post by Lou Garug » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:24 pm

I get this message:

"There was an error when trying to copy the backups into the tempory directory directory. This really shouldn't happen, however it's possible that you don't have the correct permission to access this folder or a file inside this directory has been set to read only.

The best thing to do at this point would be to make sure you are on an admin account and that the files have not been set to read only. You could also press the reset everything button in the settings panel which will clear all current backups and all cached downloads"

I just updated to ubuntu 10.10 and I am pretty illiterate so what should I do here guys?

lyly10388

Post by lyly10388 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:20 am

matto1990 wrote:Just a quick heads up to anyone who's already downloaded the downloader...

Please uninstall the version you have downloaded and then reinstall it. I have updated it to now check for updates automatically every 14 days, however this doesn't play too well with the old version; so you first need to uninstall and then install the new version.

Sorry for the mix up. It should be a bit smoother next time.

Download from here: http://lugarudownloader.matto1990.com/
Such a very amazing link!

-- Identified as a Spammer / Advertiser
-- Links removed.
-- Post locked from further editing.
-- User & IP Banned.
-- Have a nice day.

// Freshbite

matto1990

Post by matto1990 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:06 am

Lou Garug wrote:I get this message:

"There was an error when trying to copy the backups into the tempory directory directory. This really shouldn't happen, however it's possible that you don't have the correct permission to access this folder or a file inside this directory has been set to read only.

The best thing to do at this point would be to make sure you are on an admin account and that the files have not been set to read only. You could also press the reset everything button in the settings panel which will clear all current backups and all cached downloads"

I just updated to ubuntu 10.10 and I am pretty illiterate so what should I do here guys?
Have you tried doing what it says?

Firetaffer

Post by Firetaffer » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:08 pm

When will the server be finished? I want to get to downloading the downloader! :D

Lenxecan

Post by Lenxecan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:25 am

It's a shame the server thing never was fixed, I was looking forward to this after reading about it on a campaign thread.

redwolf

Post by redwolf » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:51 pm

Come on mate fix you're server already i miss lugaru downloader lol

Firetaffer

Post by Firetaffer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:46 am

Firetaffer wrote:When will the server be finished? I want to get to downloading the downloader! :D
I've waited over half a year for it to be fixed! Does anyone know how to contact this guy? If he's busy that's understandable.

tannim

Post by tannim » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:21 am

you do not NEED the downloader to use the campaigns. You can install them manually with only slightly more effort.

The easiest method is make a backup copy of your lugaru folder, then download the campaign and copy the files into the correct folders. That's it other than running the game.

You can find mine here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4292