Post by Count Roland » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:09 pm

sixthed.

Sandurz

Re: Lugaru Downloader

Post by Sandurz » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:55 pm

Untadaike wrote:Nice new ava, Sandurz. Link to full image? :shock:
Heh, thanks!

Eagle0600
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Inner Rim, Orion Arm, Milky-Way, Universe

Post by Eagle0600 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:17 pm

If someone wants weapon switching, I have I bunch of batch files I cooked up that create a menu-style modding system for models and textures. I don't use it for campaigns though, just for modding the base game. I handle campaigns by creating a separate folder and then just permanently modding it. I just run the separate .exe files when I want to play a campaign.

Still if any-one is interested in my batch files, I can post them. But I won't if no-one's interested.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Sounds cool, I'd like to try it out. It would make my weapon work easier too.

Eagle0600
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Inner Rim, Orion Arm, Milky-Way, Universe

Post by Eagle0600 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:02 am

Okay, they're batch files, so they will only work on Windows.

They're also a bit tricky to explain, but I'll give it a go:
In the data folder will be folders such as "knife" and "pack", these each contain the folder "standard", in which is the original data. If you want to install a mod, create another folder next to the "standard" folder, give it a suitable name, and put everything in there directly. The batch files will automatically detect whether a given file is a texture or a model, and will ignore everything else, so no worries there. When you run "mod.bat" in the base folder, it should guide you from there. Backups exist in the "standard" folders, so no worries there. If you know how batch files work, it should be relatively easy for you to create another folder for "shirts" or something.

If you have any further troubles, let me know.

The link is here.

edit: Yes, I know they're pretty hacked together, but they were intended for personal use. Still, they come with some usability for in-case I forgot how to use them, so it should be okay.

matto1990

Post by matto1990 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:30 pm

I love the scripts. We're learning about bash scripts at uni at the minute so im really getting into using them to speed things up. I dont know much about windows batch scripts but they look fairly similar.

As for the question about including weapon switching. I might add it in the future, however at the minute I'm pretty bogged down with uni work so it wont be for some time now. If anyone knows javascript they can take the code I have and edit it to include weapons support if they like. I'm all for sharing.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:04 am

matto1990 wrote:I love the scripts. We're learning about bash scripts at uni at the minute so im really getting into using them to speed things up. I dont know much about windows batch scripts but they look fairly similar.
bash and batch are rather different. bash is way more powerful. batch is universally hated for being so limiting. But it fulfills its purpose.

I might look into implementing weapon switching if you don't want to do it. I know JS very well and I always wanted to play with Air. Won't happen right now though.

Eagle0600

Post by Eagle0600 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:36 am

Batch files work exactly "as advertised". As the name suggests, they're very good for performing repetitive tasks involving the basic windows commands. Copy, rename, move, cut, paste, etc. In this case, I'm using it to respond to user commands to just copy data files en-masse.

kwatie

Post by kwatie » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:42 am

I ahve a problem when I download a campaign I cant play it and I have done everything you said. I then open Lugaru and it is normal Lugaru HELP :cry: :cry: :cry:

Eagle0600

Post by Eagle0600 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:41 pm

If you did everything that was said properly, it would probably work. If not, than it's an issue with your computer. Either way, we'll need more information than that to help you. You should start by posting in detail exactly what you did.

kwatie

Post by kwatie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:39 am

Fixed it! This is a great program and it is incredibly easy to use! Nice one Matto

Prolect

Post by Prolect » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:06 pm

dude, the link is dead. Is this the end? Can you fix it please I really want to play mods!

Prolect

Post by Prolect » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:16 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! Reply to this Matto! I really want to use this but not a single link in existence works!

Joxer

Post by Joxer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:14 am

Looks like his whole site is down, maybe someone has a copy of the installer.