Ancestral Tales Campaign

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Lotus Wolf

Re: Ancestral Tales Campaign!

Post by Lotus Wolf » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Count Roland wrote:yeah if I remember correctly the only weapon that uses a .png file for it's texture is the knife, the staff and the sword both use JPG's for some reason, strangely for some reason this means you can apparently change the knife's shape by editing the texture, and don't actually have to change it's .solid all that much. I think that it has something to do with the knife being less complex then the sword and the staff. this was pretty much a pointless post.
He is correct. Yeah, I did post a few un-fixed weapons with wrong-format textures. My apologies. :oops:

matto1990

Post by matto1990 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:51 pm

Lotus Wolf wrote:
Count Roland wrote:yeah if I remember correctly the only weapon that uses a .png file for it's texture is the knife, the staff and the sword both use JPG's for some reason, strangely for some reason this means you can apparently change the knife's shape by editing the texture, and don't actually have to change it's .solid all that much. I think that it has something to do with the knife being less complex then the sword and the staff. this was pretty much a pointless post.
He is correct. Yeah, I did post a few un-fixed weapons with wrong-format textures. My apologies. :oops:
No problem mate :P Just making them is impressive enough :D I'll leave them as JPG's then :)

NinjaRabbits

Post by NinjaRabbits » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:40 pm

Hey Kehaar, can I use a small part of your story line for my own campaign? (Just a miniscule part, I asure you)

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:19 pm

NinjaRabbits wrote:Hey Kehaar, can I use a small part of your story line for my own campaign? (Just a miniscule part, I asure you)
Heck Yeah, go for it.

Hey, I used 2 well known maps from Rabbits' Foot, Turner's story, references to Temples, the Sky Palace, Assassins and Turner himself, ffs.

I never referenced Seneschals or Mendicants only 'cause I could never figure out a graceful way to do it.
Last edited by kehaar on Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NinjaRabbits

Post by NinjaRabbits » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:25 pm

Well, what I really meant for was when one of my characters meet Turner he's telling this girl about this one time where he, his niece, and a few foxes kick ass. But what you are saying could fit in with my other stuff...

(Granted I get the dialogue to work any time soon.)

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:32 pm

Hell yeah!
Last edited by kehaar on Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NinjaRabbits

Post by NinjaRabbits » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:36 pm

Cool. :mrgreen:
Last edited by NinjaRabbits on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matto1990

Post by matto1990 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:28 pm

This campaign is now part of the Lugaru Downloader, but only for the latest version that was released today.

Take a look at this blog prost for all the gory details:

http://blog.matto1990.com/projects/luga ... -released/

skraeling

Post by skraeling » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:13 am

A wonderful, wonderful job. I was absolutely wowed and delighted by the building design with the one forest village and the outside of the summer palace. A blast. Glad you made it. :D

yuiop952

Post by yuiop952 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Amazing story and levels i loved it, and beat it!!!!1

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:55 pm

Wow, thanks. It really makes my day to hear that people liked it.

And Skraeling, your architecture/level building were a huge inspiration to me. The best yet, and there are a lot of great ones.

One of my favorite things you did was to put elements (trees, bushes, rocks) scattered widely around the countryside of every map, not just in the one little patch where the action is centered.

It makes the world seem so much more real. You can tell the maps I made before and after "7 Tasks" came out... but I was too burnt out to go back in and modify 'em, I just wanted to release it.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:57 pm

matto1990 wrote:This campaign is now part of the Lugaru Downloader, but only for the latest version that was released today.

Take a look at this blog prost for all the gory details:

http://blog.matto1990.com/projects/luga ... -released/
Thanks, Matto1990. :D

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:14 pm

kehaar, I didn't think that body proportions were saved when you loaded a map. Was I wrong? Or do you have to do something that I'm not aware of?

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:46 pm

You can save proportions for all characters but the hero. He/she reverts to Turner size and proportions when you reload. So Groveller's workaround was to simply make all the other characters bigger or smaller. (Yay!)

Must have something to do with the controls, like it was too awkward to code, or used too much framerate to include. Or maybe it could be done, but David didn't see any use for it at the time.

Might be a good addition to OG, if it doesn't eat up too much fps.

By the way, I've noticed that the taller characters have longer reach fighting in game and also run faster because of their longer strides. That is so cool.

One other oddity is have you noticed that when you "noclothesnear" a rabbit, they wind up naked with a wide leather belt on? :? It persists, visible over the top of the clothes you dress the bunny in, then disappears when you reload the map. Huh?

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:01 am

for me something similar has always happened only it's a wide white patch, and it can happen to you or to others and usually when you change species but sometimes using noclothes or noclothesnear