Gimmie maps!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Thu May 19, 2005 10:42 pm

..I'm making a campaign? Since when? In my sleep? 0_o I know how to USE the map editor, but I don't know how to use it well. These incredible maps you make... Chirst, how? Anyway, I can't seem to get that map working... I'll keep trying, though.

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm

the only campaigns that are being made are the wolf campaign and my team's city expansion. albab never said he was making one. but if he wanted to join the team doing the City camapign, then maybe we could use some fresh blood.....

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Mon May 30, 2005 6:19 pm

Ah.... I would love to, but I seriously doubt that I could be able to keep up. I haven't gotten much better, and I discovered that my computer needs a new video card. And quite a bit more processing power. So I don't think I'll be able to. I could try, but I can't even work out how to load maps, and my lugaru is screwed. There is no ground, oddly. I should work on that.
Heh.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 am

I have posted my two maps to lugaru.tk, any more I make will be posted there too :)

I can't honestly say that they aren't bad, so… Everyone put their maps somewhere where I can find them, no matter how bad they are :wink:

Please…

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:04 pm

Wow.. forgot about Lugaru.tk O.o
I think the wiki would be a better place for your maps if you want people to get them, upload them somewhere/email them to me and I'll mirror them and put a link on the wiki.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:51 pm

Umm, lugaru.tk needs you to be able to upload files to somewhere for it to work… What was that about mirroring them? Why would you need to do that? This doesn't sound like it's a wiki you are talking about, as it appears I could add the maps there myself

P.S I may be a comuputer-expert-ish person, but I'm still not sure what mirrors are, much… (I think that I don't know, that is :wink:)

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:16 pm

I know, Lugaru.tk is my site :P
Mirroring is when a file has backups at multiple servers, download from sourceforge.net for an example of this.
The point of mirroring being that if the original location goes down for whatever reason, there is another location for the file.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:25 pm

Ah, thanks for that, and I thought it was your site due to various things like you posting pretty much all of the news and all…

I think I'll just hope that rapidshare.de doesn't go down for too long, is it ok for me to put the links to the files on the wiki myself? after all, it is a wiki :wink:

P.S Good, I don't have to wait a whole day for a reply like I did on the snakequest forum years ago…
P.P.S Oh, so that's why there were so many servers available at sourceforge, thanks

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:01 am

I appologize if I seemed condescending, I was simply trying to be helpful.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:44 am

No, you didn't (I hope) and I suppose it's ok for me to edit the maps page on the wiki, since it's a wiki… anyway, I'll add my maps (and a new one I just made a moment ago) to the wiki :)

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:32 am

Whoops… it appears Aerial Oasis (The new map) takes forever to load :( (Really, it doesn't load unless maybe you wait for an hour or so, and it probably won't even if you do that) so unless I'm the only one who has this problem I'll remove the file from rapidshare.de, please test the map, it can be found from the maps page of the wiki, if enough people have this problem I will delete the file from the site :|

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:29 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:unless I'm the only one who has this problem I'll remove the file from rapidshare.de, please test the map, it can be found from the maps page of the wiki, if enough people have this problem I will delete the file from the site :|
Lugaru crashes after some time.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:03 pm

When you run the map? With me it just keeps loading, well, trying to load, and pressing cmd-opt-esc quits it immediately (Instead of displaying the force quit box somewhere on the screen, often switching to finder)

Anyway, it looks like it's a buggy map, maybe something due to a glitch while saving (Hopefully :))

Other maps shouldn't have trouble, maybe it was too high up in the air, too…

I think I'll make a topic for reviews on my maps (and others' maps if they want reviews)

P.S Please look at some of my screenshots, they're in the last two pages of "Post Your Screenshots!" I found some interesting glitches, well, unintentional things that are supposed to happen, really :wink:

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:38 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:When you run the map? With me it just keeps loading, well, trying to load, and pressing cmd-opt-esc quits it immediately (Instead of displaying the force quit box somewhere on the screen, often switching to finder)
It loads for 2 or 3 minutes and then crashes. Looks like it's broken, so I deleted it from the wiki.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:07 pm

Ah, I was too impatient to wait that long, I thought it might not happen for too many others, but it seems we both know that rarely happens, "two = more will have it too" so I'll delete it from rapidshare.de, thanks for that, I suppose :)