TWEAKING TRICKS

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
levbat

Post by levbat » Tue May 17, 2005 5:43 pm

flickta, i have a fast computer and the luck of the irish. nothing can slow me down.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Tue May 17, 2005 10:46 pm

Damn, how do you get them into position? The absoulute BEST I can do is a staircase by falling at an angle and putting in lengthend boxes or platforms. HOW IS IT THAT YOU CAN DO ALL OF THIS?
It make NO sense whatsoever. A giant turner statue? How the hell did you manage that? That is just.. Insane. And.. Whoo. You people are awsome. Geeks unite, yo.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed May 18, 2005 11:45 am

I am guessing he didn't build the turner statue, but simpy swapped .solid files.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Wed May 18, 2005 4:58 pm

zip wrote:I am guessing he didn't build the turner statue, but simpy swapped .solid files.
I guessed as much, but still. I mean, really, I think that the main upgrade to Lugaru 2, if there is one should be a more comprehensive map editor. Perhaps you could be the hawk, or something. I dunno.

levbot
mad tweaker

yes!

Post by levbot » Mon May 23, 2005 8:27 pm

STAR WARS IS OUT!!!
in honor of the latest Star Wars, I equipped turner with a lightsaber, robe, and made a terrain just for him... in space!

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Mon May 23, 2005 9:38 pm

That's pretty cool 8)

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Tue May 24, 2005 4:56 am

David wrote:That's pretty cool 8)
It sure is :shock:

serp

Post by serp » Tue May 24, 2005 4:42 pm

Hm. Ive been watching these forums for a while and finally dicided to join in. Anyway, I actually had some success editing a .solid file. It's not anything i would show but after 2 hours of experimenting with the Box.solid file I was able to control 2 of the vertices. one on 3 planes and the other on only 2. Its long and time consuming and I think i understand a little about how the coordinates are saved and i wish i had a program that could convert the hex of the .solid file into decimal numbers. :D I would mess with it more but work awaits T_T

levbot
mad tweaker

dagger 0:::(#####> nobody reads these....

Post by levbot » Tue May 24, 2005 6:41 pm

wait... you have a .solid editor? is it for mac? this is a major development for tweakers... plaese post your progress, serp!

levbot
mad tweaker

nobody reads these....

Post by levbot » Tue May 24, 2005 6:46 pm

I might release that space mod, but the problem is that it will mess up a lot of the campaign. but if you don't want to play campaign, then I will release it, along w/ the lightsaber and a set of maps for them, because normal maps look messed up in space. so i will make 14 new challenge levels.

serp

Post by serp » Tue May 24, 2005 7:00 pm

sorry no i don't have a .solid editor. What i did was open the file in resorcerer and experimented with altering single hex numbers in the file one at a time, saving the file, and then opening lugaru and viewing the solid. Using Box.solid seemed to make sense to me because...um.. its a cube so its relativly easy to see a change. >.> and there are several easily viewable in the first level. And now something interesting i noticed. In the Box.solid file while looking throught he hex I noticed that there seemed to be clusters of large numbers split apart by small numbers closer to 0. there seemed to be a lot of 0000 and some similar to it like 0008. When i edited these numbers it was the only time my tweaking crashed lugaru. Now what i wanted to do was convert each number into decimal from hex to see if a pattern of coordinates popped out but even with the ability to auto convert 4 digit hex numbers there are a lot of numbers. x.x so i gave up on that method for the moment. It would be nice if there was a program to convert an entire file's hex into decimal but Im not good enough at programing to write my own. :/ Anyway im going to continue to see if i can figure out a pattern to the coordinates and ill keep you updated to anything i can figure out. n.n

edit:
on another note i discovered a very annoying glitch while using my wacom tablet mouse with lugaru.

edit edit:
and 10 minutes after I write the thing above i look in the box.solid and find a pattern -.- ill post the details on it tommorow(i found a pattern but i need to test it out :D)

Flickta

Post by Flickta » Wed May 25, 2005 2:05 am

serp wrote:edit edit:
and 10 minutes after I write the thing above i look in the box.solid and find a pattern -.- ill post the details on it tommorow(i found a pattern but i need to test it out :D)
Go-go-go![/list]

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Wed May 25, 2005 7:24 am

Serp lolish! Me try haxing hex too!

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Wed May 25, 2005 7:35 am

:) Type/Creator of Box.solid is dmap and DAVD...David?

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Wed May 25, 2005 7:46 am

:D I changed a 33 to a 44 (I have no idea what im doing) and this happens to all boxes:
http://tinypic.com/5d3vah (img doesn't work...)
1 part of 12 goes brown.

Edit: Most of the changes I do are just causing the game to lag.