TWEAKING TRICKS

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:46 am

i'm back! I will now have more time for new mods and maps.

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:24 pm

i have some weird results for a animations test I was doing. I changed the rabbitkick animation with the animation that you get when you land hard. what happened is when I preformed it, i hit the ground, slid forward in the hand on ground position, then just was shot (about 10 feet up, 4 foot tall arc) in the mode where your rabbit is falling from a high distance (the N key on debug). this was weird, so i called it the hand launcher. but when i did it in slomode (B key in debug) my guy shot 3 times as high, capaulting him upwards. I noticed you can do more flips in this mode as well. Is the slow motion also low gravity?

-also, if a rabbit does the chatter sound in slomo, it comes out sounding like a demonic laugh from an obese german man. just pointing that out.

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:48 pm

I have also experienced interesting slowmo effects like kives bouncing much higher ect.

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:56 am

if only there was a way to lower gravity.. then I would have so much fun!

Lycanthrope
Bunnyface!

Post by Lycanthrope » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:20 pm

levbot wrote:-also, if a rabbit does the chatter sound in slomo, it comes out sounding like a demonic laugh from an obese german man. just pointing that out.
Ah yes, hence the terrifying laugh you hear sometimes when you knock out another bunny.

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:34 pm

first time i heard that i was freaking out...

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:45 am

@levbot: I like the idea of lowering gravity
@Lycanthrope: You made it back!

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:57 pm

if you set the strength of yourself and of your enemies very high (i use 88) then when you spinkick eachother you fly across the map, but don't die. (for all you noobs, get rid of all the enemies (shift-delete) then in the console type strength x (x is however strong you want to be) and create some rabbits to kill (P key creates enemies with your strength, power, and speed))

Razor7

Post by Razor7 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:27 pm

Hey Levbot,
Earlier you stated that this will be an addon pack to Lugaru. Well, i haven't checked in a while, and maybe i browsed over it, but when do you think it will come out? I know how to replace textures and what not, but id rather be lazy and wait till an installer of some sort or a whole pack of skins was released to change. With that in mind, how are your maps coming? How close are we to an actual release of this?

the work looks awesome guys, keep it up.

-TC

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:35 am

Here is a full report of my mods:

-City Lugaru -stalled due to dialogue bug, but everything done but campaign

-Star Wars Lugaru-completed (available at maps and mods sticky), I am considering more additions to it, like more weapons.

-Map Pack #1- complete, available at maps and mods sticky.

-Map Pack #2-made 4 maps, still have no feedback from anybody who ha maps to contriblute.

-Skin Pack-I have a set of armor skins i made for Quake 3, and will modify them to fit turner (example:may blue flame armor in that cartoon i made)

thats the list, I hope to have the map pack out very soon, BUT I NEED YOU GUY'S MAPS PLEASE! (email maps to [email protected])

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:56 am

oh.. by the way, all you people who somehow got past the dialogue bug (people say somehow they have) than here is some words of advice on the campaign editing. never change the dot location of the place. it can seem tempting to change where the village is, but when I changed by it merely one number, it appeared right above the top left corner (yes, above the map area) and there was no connecting line. i thought it could be cool, like turner comes in from a ship and has some adventure on the open sea. but when i clicked on it i heard a hawk squeal, and then i died. it then unexpectedly quit, and when i restarted the ground texture was invisible. so i changed it back to the old number, but nothing changed. now when my friends come and want to campaign, they cant find the village. i then changed the red dot to a sign that said "don't press me" my friends presed it. it started freaking out and quit. they are still confused, and i cant campaign until i re-download lugaru!

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Light knife

Post by Usagi » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:01 pm

:!:
Last edited by Usagi on Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:18 am

well, (star wars nerd alert) thats tight, it lokks like this lightsaber used by a wookie jedi with a carved wooden handle used to defend kasshyyk.( I helped do dome model design 4 someone who wanted the handle.

julz

Re: Light knife

Post by julz » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:30 pm

Nice!!!

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:25 pm

(IM BACK)
Looks good!
*goestoget*