i need opinions on my map

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
cthuloid9

i need opinions on my map

Post by cthuloid9 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:27 pm

heres the link to it on rapidshare.

http://rapidshare.com/files/297358549/valleyfort.html

it can only be downloaded 10 times, though. sorry. :(

if you were one of the people who got to donwload it, plese post your opinion.

currently its only architechture.

if you think of where to put enemies please put the enemies and give me a link do download the map with enemies.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Re: i need opinions on my map

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:01 pm

It's not bad at all! I especially like the tunnel to the little garden. I think you could put more stuff like that into it, actually.

By the way, you can attach files to your posts; click "Upload attachment" below your post box thingie.
I think the files you upload have to have valid extension though.

Look, I attached your map to the post with the .txt extension. Whoever wants to download it should rename it to fortvalley (without the .txt)!

Keep it up.
Attachments
valleyfort.txt
This is a map by cthuloid9. It has no enemies yet.
Please rename the file to valleyfort (without the .txt extension).
(10.88 KiB) Downloaded 253 times

tannim

Post by tannim » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:43 pm

It is a very nice map, it gets "tannim's seal of approval*" for nice looking design.

I like the "secret" garden tunnel, all the little rooms and such with multiple directions to go in. You could put a way back into the fort if you take the secret exit to the outside map. If you don't know where the secret exit is, it is under your starting point where you can walk up the sand dune through the ceiling and out.

The fire seems out of place. Best to avoid fire in general as it causes slow downs.

You may want to put a second floor on top to climb to to explore, though with a maximum of 8 enemies, it really isn't needed unless you put the map into two "levels" with a campaign that uses the map twice.

Good work, now you just need to populate it.

*This seal means nothing and gives no value of any sort implied or otherwise.

cthuloid9

Post by cthuloid9 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:02 pm

rudel_ic wrote:It's not bad at all! I especially like the tunnel to the little garden. I think you could put more stuff like that into it, actually.

By the way, you can attach files to your posts; click "Upload attachment" below your post box thingie.
I think the files you upload have to have valid extension though.

Look, I attached your map to the post with the .txt extension. Whoever wants to download it should rename it to fortvalley (without the .txt)!

Keep it up.
ummm is that the map? i cant read it, so it cant be txt document.

cthuloid9

Post by cthuloid9 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:23 pm

tannim wrote:It is a very nice map, it gets "tannim's seal of approval*" for nice looking design.

I like the "secret" garden tunnel, all the little rooms and such with multiple directions to go in. You could put a way back into the fort if you take the secret exit to the outside map. If you don't know where the secret exit is, it is under your starting point where you can walk up the sand dune through the ceiling and out.

The fire seems out of place. Best to avoid fire in general as it causes slow downs.

You may want to put a second floor on top to climb to to explore, though with a maximum of 8 enemies, it really isn't needed unless you put the map into two "levels" with a campaign that uses the map twice.

Good work, now you just need to populate it.

*This seal means nothing and gives no value of any sort implied or otherwise.
about that exit. i didnt know about it. i was trying to make sure there were NO exits infact, so thats why there wasnt a way back in. and also, i cant put any more objects, it wont let me.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:18 am

It's really cool! I felt like the whole place had a story behind it. As I was exploring, I was kind of thinking "what happened here?" and stuff. I could imagine that map part of a campaign and also having a whole lot fun killing some guards around the place! Great map! :D

Monkey
Location: Everywhere Anywhere, yet obviously not far from a computer

Post by Monkey » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:31 pm

cthuloid9 wrote:ummm is that the map? i cant read it, so it cant be txt document.
you have to rename the file to just your map name and delete the extension, the extension is only there to let him upload it into the forum

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:38 am

It's a beautiful map. Very complex with lots of little hidden areas. I especially like the garden part with all the trees.

You should put some enemies in there :D