Need Mac testers for Lugaru!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Healey

Re: Need Mac testers for Lugaru!

Post by Healey » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Untadaike wrote: 1. When blur effects is turned ON, and you reach the peak of a jump, you go into slow motion for a second.
I think this bug is kinda awesome :roll:

My liscense key wasn't working, but I got it via the Christmas give-a-way thing(cheap me, I get everything for free...) so I still had a free copy to give to a friend, so based on this-
Madd the Sane wrote:I think I used my Linux key.:
Sent myself a free copy of Lugaru under a Linux liscense, and it worked fine, as opposed to my Mac one.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:35 pm

Healey wrote:I think this bug is kinda awesome :roll:
:) I'll approach it differently from now on.
My liscense key wasn't working
Me too, I'll try what you did, thanks.
Sent myself a free copy of Lugaru under a Linux liscense, and it worked fine, as opposed to my Mac one.

Healey

Post by Healey » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:11 pm

New Bug: I hear a weird pop noise every so often when playing... makes me giggle.

Lamkin

Post by Lamkin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:22 pm

Yeah, my code doesn't work, either. And I'm not able to use the Command key for crouching. :( :wink:
I have an antiquated 700 MHz G4 flat panel "sunflower" iMac. I honestly don't notice any speed increase so far (perhaps I shouldn't be?)...I'd never played the game before with blur effects enabled, though, so I couldn't say whether there's any difference there.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:32 am

Lamkin wrote:Yeah, my code doesn't work, either. And I'm not able to use the Command key for crouching. :( :wink:
Same here. It worked on the old version.

One thing I really like about the new binary is that there isn't a button delay. Before, the first key that you pressed inside of Lugaru (not mouse-clicks, just key presses), went ignored by the application. However, now that's fixed.

New bug: there was a loud and constant buzzing running over all other normal game sounds as soon as I was detected by an opponent on level 4. It stopped only when all audio lowered in pitch during slow motion. It never happens twice in one load of a level. It has only occurred in level 4, it probably happens around 45% of the time.

icculus

Post by icculus » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:34 am

lpod100 wrote:there's an application support folder now that has a config and a user file, but both of those still exist in the application package (they appear to be legacy).
Those are default settings for the first time the game runs.
lpod100 wrote:the game will only play in the default resolution (1024*768), anything else makes it either look funky/unusable or the app crashes on startup. let me know if you want a crash log.
I haven't been able to reproduce this, so a crash log would help me a lot here.

Thanks!

--ryan.

Healey

Post by Healey » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Untadaike wrote: New bug: there was a loud and constant buzzing running over all other normal game sounds as soon as I was detected by an opponent on level 4. It stopped only when all audio lowered in pitch during slow motion. It never happens twice in one load of a level. It has only occurred in level 4, it probably happens around 45% of the time.
Happens to me to, just didn't mention it because I have a pretty ghetto sound card that has a history of acting up...

lpod100

Post by lpod100 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:17 pm

icculus wrote:I haven't been able to reproduce this, so a crash log would help me a lot here.
Is there any way we can do this privately ? I can't find the PM function.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:40 pm

Unfortunately, the PM function was disabled after it got seriously spammed a while back. I don't know how much longer they'll keep it down.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:40 pm

Woo, an updated version of Lugaru that doesn't have the sluggish mouse problems that later version of Leopard had! Very nice, thanks :)

Alright, after downloading it and doing some quick testing, I've racked up a number of bugs, most of them already mentioned, so it's not just me :P

- Changes to the debug file don't apply.
- Registration key doesn't work.
- A number of widescreen resolutions (1600x1000, 1920x1440, 2048x1280, and 2560x1600) are missing, though to be fair, they weren't in past versions of Lugaru, but it would be nice to see them in here now :)
- Ambient music continues to play when paused.
- Buzzing occurs after being detected by opponents.

Power Mac G5, Quad 2.5 GHz, 10.5.8, 2 GB RAM.

It's too bad that the debug doesn't apply yet, though, because Lugaru does seem far faster than I've ever seen it, but unfortunately I couldn't crank the res to the max or enable debug to see my framerate. Nonetheless, big kudos to the speed boost :)

Also, would it be possible if it could accept old user files? It would be great if the old one could just be dropped in there and start right where we left off.

I like where this is headed, though, much thanks for keeping it going :)

icculus

Post by icculus » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:06 am

lpod100 wrote:
icculus wrote:I haven't been able to reproduce this, so a crash log would help me a lot here.
Is there any way we can do this privately ? I can't find the PM function.
[email protected]

I don't fear spam. :)

--ryan.

icculus

Post by icculus » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:12 am

Viking Zippy wrote: - Changes to the debug file don't apply.
If you're editing files in the application bundle, you should do it in the same place under $HOME/Library/Application Support/Lugaru instead. This is a new behaviour over the existing Mac version.
Viking Zippy wrote: Also, would it be possible if it could accept old user files? It would be great if the old one could just be dropped in there and start right where we left off.
These should work, too. Same deal: $HOME/Library/Application Support/Lugaru

--ryan.

icculus

Post by icculus » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:13 am

(btw, I have most of the things posted in these forums thus far fixed for the next build. A few more issues to look at still, though...I'll have a new build for everyone asap.)

--ryan.

Healey

Post by Healey » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:14 am

Hooray for icculus, god of awesomeness/porting!

Healey

Post by Healey » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:33 pm

Okay, the weirdist glitch on Earth just took place. On challenge level 6, I was beating on some n00ble next to a wall, and while he was down, I jumped up and began descending towards him as he stood up. The moment I hit him, my double-vision kicked in, all the objects/characters/everything except for mini-map and background picture thingie disapeared, and the screen faded like I had died. Sure enough, it loaded the level back again like I died, except without all the objects and stuff. But, it actually displayed the objects and characters on my mini-map, so using it as a guide for moving, I ran up behind a guy and rabbit-kicked him, and once again, double-vision, screen fade, ect. As the cycle went on, I realized I still have no idea what my screenshot bind is... :oops:

My conclusion is Turner's power variable got kicked up a bunch, just like in debug, because your so powerful that when you punch someone they explode, and when they explode it kills you.

So.. yeah.