NEW Lugaru: The Wolf's Claw mod idea! Please read modders!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Altanic

NEW Lugaru: The Wolf's Claw mod idea! Please read modders!

Post by Altanic » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:17 pm

So I was thinking while talking to John today, about a really cool mod i came up with. It'd be called "Lugaru: The Wolf's Claw" (Lugaru: The Rabbit's Foot). It would be a side story of Lugaru. While Turner is avenging his families death, it tells the story about a disrespected and doubted wolf in a pack. He decides to show the pack and it's leader that its time for some respect and he's going to show it by KILLING TURNER.

Basically it's a remake of the original Lugaru: The Rabbit's Foot. I would like it to feature levels where you can be Turner occasionally (this would be a level remake from origianl game) and NEW levels where you play as a wolf. So occasionally after completeing a few wolf levels, you get to play a level as Turner, showing his current progress in his mission.

I would also like the mod to be relatively long, i dont want the mod to be 10-15 levels long. At least 20-30 if possible, more.

Now I know what you're wondering. "Why don't you do it yourself?" Well I'll tell you. I have absolutely no experiance at all with modding. I would make the worst mod ever if i did, probably even crash the game. So ya..

And lastly, why dont we call our wolf, Xavier?

Monkey
Location: Everywhere Anywhere, yet obviously not far from a computer

Re: NEW Lugaru: The Wolf's Claw mod idea! Please read modders!

Post by Monkey » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:27 pm

If your making a mod to act as a side story to the original, you really aren't making a mod, since it would make more sense to use all the same textures and such, in some cases the same maps. It seems like what your talking about, would simply require re-ordering the maps, add a few additions to them, and type in wolfieisgod several times. that and dialogue, you'd be finished.

Altanic

Post by Altanic » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:31 pm

Ok well thanks for telling me. But like I said, I have no experiance. Do you know any modders that could help make this real?

Monkey
Location: Everywhere Anywhere, yet obviously not far from a computer

Post by Monkey » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:59 pm

Anyone who has ever released a map pack could help you, so just search the forums and start messaging people

Altanic

Post by Altanic » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Well actually i found some people, whom i wont name to help me out. Not releasing date til its a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot farther in development. Otherwise, stay tuned!