hiya guys!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
toshiro

Post by toshiro » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:42 pm

If you do the ninja knife throw (the one where you somersault and throw in mid-air, rewarding you with the Ninja bonus), you have to either

a) Wait for the wolf/rabbit to run towards you if s/he didn't fall, and perform a leg sweep (that is the safest method, everything else, like a straight punch or a kick can result in your death much more likely, especially when facing a wolf), then roll over the prone body and press the 'pick up'-key or

b) immediately run to the enemy dozing off and roll, while picking up the knife. In both cases, if you're quick enough (not too hard at all to pull off, actually), you will kill the enemy instantly, ridding you of one annoyance.

Problem is, when you try to go at it the vidmaster way, you mustn't use any weapons...

Knife throwing is for spazeroids!

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:27 pm

Did I hear "vidmaster mode"? Huzzah! I thought I was the only one attempting insane challenges.

Wolfs in Vidmaster are best dealt with in that way, I think:
1 with walls:
-jump, double flip, rabbit-cannon into wall (easy)
-spamming wall-kicks (easy)
2 without walls:
-use trees instead (harder)
3 without trees and walls:
-it can be actually easier to fight the wolf alongside a couple bunnies for rabbit-cannoning purposes...
-throw dead corpses for "Nice Aim!" (cheap, but efficient)
4 in the absence of everything (outer space or something)
- wait last second before wolf attacks (important), sweep, stand on corpse holding attack, light punch, spin-kick. Repeat, throwing in a few rabbit-cannons. I'm positively amazed how quickly a wolf dies if you just keep hitting him without a pause.

toshiro

Post by toshiro » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:51 am

Hmm...

I almost never make use of wall-kicks, or walls at all. I somehow still haven't gotten behind how to use them.

I mostly take approach #4, and just pummel 'em. You can even land nice reversals that allow for leg-cannons.

As for vidmaster mode: Eh, it's not as if I had been a very good or inventive vidmaster... I just wanted to get through the game & challenges unarmed (still working on that in Insane...).

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:36 pm

Walls are a the fourth weapon of the game :)

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:19 pm

Walls are a the fourth weapon of the game
Remember not just walls, you can also use large rocks that are sometimes in maps and also trees if there are any.