12 more new maps

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
bobdole

Re: 12 more new maps

Post by bobdole » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:17 pm

Hey -
Would anybody want to take these maps and the last bunch I made (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4262&start=0) and turn it into a campaign? I think it'd be fun to try to get them on the auto-downloader thing. I don't have time to do it myself, and I can never get the dialogue to work right, but if anybody else wants to do it I can come up with some more maps and we can put duel-credit on the thing. Takers?

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:51 am

I'm up for installing dialogues and setting up shots if you have completed scripts written.
Or even a good plot outline, if you don't mind someone else writing the dialogue.

bobdole

Post by bobdole » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:56 am

Kehaar -
I could write a script if you wanted. I figured someone not me would want to do that, as compared to setting up the dialogue that's the fun part... However, if you don't want to, I could definitely do it.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:31 pm

Yeah, It's a plot outline that ties all the different maps into a story that I'd have a really hard time coming up with... Do you have a story idea already floating around in your brain? I think p.m.'s are working again, btw.

NinjaRabbits

Post by NinjaRabbits » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:38 pm

I'll download this.... As soon as I finish making my maps.. Darn these dialogues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobdole

Post by bobdole » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:47 pm

Plot: (Just what I was thinking when I originally made this, available to change): So, game world is split into two warring kingdoms, Yazin and Hunza (I'm getting these place names from northern Pakistan, if you want to know, again, this is completely amenable to change.) They two kingdoms are separated by a high mountain range and a long border wall. Game starts with our hero, Shandur, back from the front in the capitol of Hunza. He's refusing to return fight in the war, but he accepts the King's order to act as the bodyguard to the princess as she goes off to her summer retreat (or something). While Shandur's diverting himself fighting what he thinks are bandits, the Princess is kidnapped by a bunch of Yazini soldiers. He chases them up to the border and along the border wall, where he finds that the Yazin army is attacking and have re-taken the wall. He catches up with the Princess and defeats her captors, only to discover that she had willingly gone with them - she hopes that if she marries the king of Yazin she can unite the two kingdoms and end the war. Shandur opposes this on the basis that the king of Yazin is as bad as the present king of Hunza, but the princess gives him the slip and he must pursue her into Yazin. Here we learn that the reason he left the front to begin with was because both sides were committing atrocities (fun flashback fight scenes here) and he feels guilty about all the killing he's done. Shandur pursues the Princess to the Yazin capitol where he is captured and thrown into a wolf pit, but (surprise) escapes. The princess and the king of Yazin have already left to conquer Hunza, however, and he must pursue them back there and defeat the king of Yazin. Game ends with both evil kings dead and the princess pregnant with the heir to both the kingdoms. Congradulations! You have brought peace to the Island of Lugaru.

Plot enough for ya?
Do with that what you will; I can make the dialogue or you can.

NinjaRabbits

Post by NinjaRabbits » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:39 pm

Hey... I just figured out the magical mystery of dialogue!!!!!!! Now, I shall create my own maps with good and funny conversations!!!! BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol:

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:02 pm

NinjaRabbits wrote:Hey... I just figured out the magical mystery of dialogue!!!!!!! Now, I shall create my own maps with good and funny conversations!!!! BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol:
If you are joking, it's not even funny.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:56 pm

I'm thinkin' that was more of an "Evil Genius" kind of a laugh...

...good to get more campaigns about, I like stories a little more than map sets for some reason. Just adds a little boost to realism, even with still/panel dialogues.

Bobdole, that's a really ambitious story, alright. I'll have to take another look at both your map packs to get an idea of how it might work. Have to make some more maps, too, which I haven't much time for, but that can be arranged once the dialogue's in train. Maybe some other map makers might like to pitch in! And we'd need at least a couple of shirts/outfits that would fit a princess. Someone with a strong personality like hers would want some bling and stylish cut, I'm thinking. I could modify a skin pretty easy with a little subtle "eye makeup" and reshaping, and I think Jo-shadow's more slender model will probably be done long before this is finished. :roll:

I remember some of the maps with a lot of buildings were overloading even some pretty strong computers, and of course I have the Ye Olde PPC Mac that wouldn't do more than 1 frame if I didn't edit out all but 3 or 4 enemies on those maps-- and that's with the lowest rez on every setting, music turned off, etc.

bobdole

Post by bobdole » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:31 pm

Hmm. I think most of the necessary maps are already made - Some of the outdoor ones for pursuing the kidnappers, the city ones for the two big cities and some towns and forts along the route, the narrow platform ones for fighting along the border wall in the mountains. I could make a couple more for various things. I'm no good with costumes/models, though, so if you could do that...?
And you want me to write the script? Any specific format?