A "how to" to Summon Ghost Rabbit(and Ghost wolf)

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
tannim

A "how to" to Summon Ghost Rabbit(and Ghost wolf)

Post by tannim » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:21 am

Fist off, ghost wolf looks pretty cool.

It's remarkably easy to summon them... but not very useful for most things other than novelty at the moment.

To summon the ghost rabbit, go into a map, type "tutorial 2". All enemies on the map will become ghosts or, in certain levels... will dissapear and fight you as though you used the console command "cellophane"
Once in tutorial mode
Enter Map Mode
summon a rabbit as normal, you now have a ghost rabbit.
Press Shift + E to change to a ghost wolf.
Summon all you like.

Now, the bad news... they are only ghosts in Tutorial mode. Tutorial mode is an odd thing. Some maps it will work in, some it will not. It breaks the WIN condition, I think, so you cannot end a level without MAP command once you change them to ghosts.

Ghosts do not stay ghosts when you save a map, you must manually type Tutorial 2(or tutorial 1, but that actually activates the tutorial).

I have not studied it too far, as I just came up with this technique about half an hour ago after discovering the "tutorial" console command.

Aspen

!

Post by Aspen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:42 pm

Amazing! This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you, tannim!

EDIT: I have been messing with this for a very short period of time. It does not seem to be quite as helpful as I originally believed, but I shall continue to poke around with this new console command to see if there is anything I have missed.

Untadaike

Re: A "how to" to Summon Ghost Rabbit(and Ghost wolf)

Post by Untadaike » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:37 pm

That... is so cool. Thank you. How did you find it?

tannim

Re: A "how to" to Summon Ghost Rabbit(and Ghost wolf)

Post by tannim » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:13 pm

I opened Lugaru.exe in a HxD (a free hex editor for windows(better than any on linux(not related, but I wanted to say it anyway))) and scrolled down. Like many programs there is text in the program... including every console command. So I just played with the consol commands until I found one that did it. Note that it does not show in game cheat key combinations as far as I know.

Such as the Zombie cheat that brings an enemy back to life as a one hit kills zombie bunny(it looks the same as a normal bunny with a stripe, I think as I haven't used it for a while. Shift e or Ctrl shift e I think it is while next to a body)