Teleporting Wolves

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Reykjavik

Teleporting Wolves

Post by Reykjavik » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:44 pm

Has anyone else noticed that on insane mode, wolves can tackle at insane speed over extremely long distances?

I have been tackled by wolves at ranges up to twice as far as I can jump. It is especially hard when fighting multiple wolves, one tackles, the other fights with more powerful attacks, and it usually makes it impossible to survive.

DJisbored

Re: Teleporting Wolves

Post by DJisbored » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 pm

I've only seen that happen in debug mode, but it's probably a good idea to not run away from the large carnivore, which moves twice as fast as you. They won't tackle you if you're within range. (and as for the multiples I don't know why you'd want to take on more than one at a time)

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:33 am

Don't crouch or try to rabbit run, they'll do that insanely fast tackle that you're describing more often.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:49 am

Yes, they do seem to teleport. This is especially apparent when you're scrambling for your life to get away from a pack of wolves by running around structures. They will sometimes 'teleport' through the structures.

I particularly remember this on insane in some levels in the 'reluctant assassin' campaign.

tokage

Post by tokage » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:36 am

Yepp, that seems to be a bug/feature with the wolf tackle.
I think, it helps to not let the wolves out of the camera view. Then they will mostly only tackle from normal distances.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:18 am

Ya, pretty funny. I've been tackled by a wolf I just saw disappear around a big block about 200 meters/yards (ingame). D'oh!

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:02 pm

As a matter of fact, they can actually fall off ledges while in feral run and teleport back onto the ledge!

I have only observed this phenomenon once.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Aspen wrote:As a matter of fact, they can actually fall off ledges while in feral run and teleport back onto the ledge!

Woah. This I have never heard of before. Now I'm impressed.

h2ostra

Post by h2ostra » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:36 pm

Glabbit wrote:
Aspen wrote:As a matter of fact, they can actually fall off ledges while in feral run and teleport back onto the ledge!

I've seen it multiple times. And yes, the problem is greatly exacerbated with multiple wolves. You just have to stand your ground, and flip (the whole time) when jumping.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:24 pm

h2ostra wrote:
Glabbit wrote:

I've seen it multiple times. And yes, the problem is greatly exacerbated with multiple wolves. You just have to stand your ground, and flip (the whole time) when jumping.
Have you really? Here I thought it was a one-time glitch, never to be seen again. :| Lugaru is generally glitch free, for the most part.

Reykjavik

Post by Reykjavik » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:45 pm

DJisbored wrote:I've only seen that happen in debug mode, but it's probably a good idea to not run away from the large carnivore, which moves twice as fast as you. They won't tackle you if you're within range. (and as for the multiples I don't know why you'd want to take on more than one at a time)
I don't want to fight multiple wolves, thanks to the teleport tackle, but if it weren't for that, the double rabbit kick would be very useful.