Lugaru Wont start

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
arkvar

Lugaru Wont start

Post by arkvar » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:55 pm

One day randomly I could not open Lugaru. Even more perplexing, I had been playing earlier that day. Now it gets to the first red tinge of the opening screen, than stalls and quits. I paid for this game years ago, and have no idea what my key code is anymore. Ive tried to download the new HD version, and I can play the game, but it does not count as a registered version, and I only get the demo content. Any help would be appreciated. I have been lovingly playing this game since it was barely released, and cant stand not being able to play it presently

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Re: Lugaru Wont start

Post by rudel_ic » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:59 pm

What is your operating system? Are you running the current version of Lugaru? Are your graphics drivers up-to-date?

Try deleting Lugaru/Data/config.txt, it'll be generated the next time you start the game. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling and reinstalling again.

arkvar

Post by arkvar » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:04 pm

I am running on an Imac with 2GHz core duo processor, Mac 10.6.3. My graphics drivers are up to date. Im not sure if its the current version, if it doesnt have an auto update, than I dont recall downloading any updates manually... at least not recently. Thanks for the reply, Im going to try deleting the config file.. If I uninstall and reinstall, will my Key Code be saved?

Update: deleting the config file did not fix the problem. I cant find a non HD installer on the Lugaru website.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:11 pm

The HD version has a different set of registry keys. So the old key might not work, yes. But you should update anyway.

Since you've bought the game years ago, just go ahead and contact Wolfire Software directly: http://www.wolfire.com/contact

John is online right now in the Meebo chat thing, I'm sure he can help you out with a fitting registry key if you provide the e-mail address you bought the game with. So you can play the game in its recent form.

Edit: Or whatever else John needs to verify you've bought the game, I'm not sure what exactly it is.

arkvar

Post by arkvar » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Thanks muchly for your help! :D

err... how do I get this meebo thing to work, I have a bad case of the dumb today, it seems.
Last edited by arkvar on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:20 pm

You're welcome. Check this hint though: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5636&start=75#p101436

So basically, the config.txt you've deleted might have been the wrong one (the default template). Just in case you're wondering why changes to the config.txt don't affect the game.