Introducing a mod-manager for Lugaru

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
iLag

Re: Introducing a mod-manager for Lugaru

Post by iLag » Mon May 17, 2010 11:00 pm

Sparrow15 wrote:Can anyone tell me how to get this running on a mac? I got an error in line 39, I think it said.
Thank you for testing this out on a Mac. Unfortunately, neither I nor anybody else is entirely sure how to get it running on a Mac, because you're the first person with a Mac to post something. That being said, I'll still try to help you.

Line 39 is a comment line, so I'm going to guess the error is on line 37. You'll need to open the file in a text editor and change that line. What to change it to, I'm not entirely sure, but I did leave you a good guess in the lines directly above it. Try what I recommended, and if that didn't work, post here and hopefully somebody more knowledgeable of Macs can help you out.

One more thing: if you still get errors, make sure you copy and paste the error in question into a post on these forums. That'd be very helpful for me.

MCMic

Post by MCMic » Fri May 21, 2010 10:06 am

rudel_ic wrote:
Jendraz wrote: Gotcha. Feel like taking it on? :)
There's more important things. The build system has to transfer to CMake, the code needs some cleaning up. Then, the modding tools I made need to be expanded so that skeletons, animations and maps can easily be made from scratch (not the case right now).
After that, yeah, sure. Along with shader support, expanding map making limits and other stuff.

But I don't want to get caught up in the diversification that's going on right now. There's like 4 repositories in the wild. It might get worse. So I'm going to step back for a few weeks to see which repository actually survives.
For starting, we could accept an argument in command line that set the path of the Data folder, no?
So people can install mod in separate folder and launch them easily.

Spinnacre

Post by Spinnacre » Fri May 21, 2010 1:16 pm

Had a little try making a Mac version. Because the file structure is a little bit different on the new UB builds, it got awfully confusing. Perhaps I could finish it soon.
Thanks for making a nice mod installer.