models from Big Buck Bunny to Lugaru?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Re: models from Big Buck Bunny to Lugaru?

Post by rudel_ic » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:36 pm

Why do you need an explicit license attached to this asset? You're free to use it, obviously. I'm worried I could get stuck in the middle of another iCoder situation if I GPL'd anything explicitly.

It's not my asset anyway. I just converted it for Lugaru, which is hardly worthy of re-licensing. It's essentially the same model.

I'm not even sure my license guesswork in previous posts is accurate. It might be that the asset never lost its GPL status in the first place. I'd look into the terms of the GPL and hold it against the license for Lugaru assets that played a role in the conversion process to clear that up. But I myself have no intention of doing so.

Don't ask me about licenses. I'm doing this for fun. That's also what the model is for in this context. So there's a license.

The license for my converter junk was clearly aimed at enabling messing around with modeling for the experimentally inclined portion of the fan base of Lugaru when there was no other option but to reverse-engineer the asset formats. And I did this more out of an obsessive streak. Now that the code is open-source, someone should make proper converters anyway. It's not like it's hard to do that now that the way Lugaru reads asset data is openly readable.

MCMic

Post by MCMic » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:00 am

Okay, thanks for the answer ^^

The license of the original skeleton model should apply.

jawCross

Post by jawCross » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:40 am

Post by 29222908 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:31 pm

rudel_ic wrote:Image

So it's done, I've attached it and the Blender project (with the proper vertex groups, UV mapping and stuff) separately to this post as zip archives.

Have fun with that crap :)

where does the blend file go and can i replace the wolf models instead?

Post by 29222908 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:37 pm

rudel_ic wrote:Image

So it's done, I've attached it and the Blender project (with the proper vertex groups, UV mapping and stuff) separately to this post as zip archives.

Have fun with that crap :)

never mind, i figured it out

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:11 am

Gonna go kick some skeleton!