Lugaru Symphony: Music/Title Replacement

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Ragdollmaster

Lugaru Symphony: Music/Title Replacement

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri May 21, 2010 7:48 pm

(DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE AT THE BOTTOM)

To play this mod, you'll obviously need a copy of Lugaru, and you'll need to know where your Lugaru Data folder is since you'll be replacing some of the files in the Data folder.

Replaces the alarm, grass/desert/snow music, battle music, and the menu music. Pretty minor mod, especially since all I did was convert the sample rates so that Lugaru could play the music properly, but I enjoy it a lot more than the original music, and I spent a good thirty minutes looking for downloads for the battle music and alarm sound :P Basically, I just did something that many people can do but don't out of sheer laziness... oh, and I also edited the main title page, just to convince myself that there was enough content to release this (which turned out to be more effort-requiring than I imagined!)

You may use any and all content in the mod when making a separate campaign or mod without permission so long as you credit me or the respective authors.

One known bug: Menu music tends to play twice as fast for a few seconds when you initially start Lugaru, and also between levels. I don't know why nor do I know how to fix it, unfortunately, so you'll have to bear with it :S

Credits are as follows;

Alarm Sound - MGS Discovery/Found sound (!) which can be downloaded here.
Grass Music - "Your Haunted Heartbeat" by Nathan "Nayhan" Robert
Desert Music - "Wonders Of The Solar System" by Alex "Archangel" Briggs
Snow Music - "A Hero's Burden" by Nick "Mrmilkcarton" Tomassetti
Menu Music - "The Land of the Forgotten" by "DustDevil"
Battle Music - "Access The Animus" by Jesper Kyd
Title font - http://www.cooltext.com
Ragdollmaster - Sample rate conversions/audio editing and soundtrack compilation
ariehl/Anton - For telling me how to make this compatible with Universal Binary version ;)

EDIT: Attachment too big for the forum server, even though it's compressed... mediafire link added.
EDIT2: More derp, the sample rate for the battle music was off and it played very slowly; new link plays the correct version.
EDIT3: Added the Universal Binary and Linux version, which replaces the .mp3 files with .ogg Vorbis.
EDIT4: Linked to all NG authors' audio pages.

PC/Mac versions: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmynd1eyy ... mphony.rar
Universal Binary/Linux versions: http://www.mediafire.com/?vjomymiddur
Last edited by Ragdollmaster on Thu May 27, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Freshbite

Re: Lugaru Symphony: Music/Title Replacement

Post by Freshbite » Fri May 21, 2010 9:17 pm

I found the music in Lugaru to be kind of repetitive or linear, so I'll definitely check this out.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri May 21, 2010 9:26 pm

Freshbite, you may wanna download the newest link- in the old version the battle music went about half speed, due to an incorrect sample rate, so it sounded like crap XD

iLag

Post by iLag » Fri May 21, 2010 10:16 pm

I highly recommend that you find a free replacement to the Alarm Sound and Battle Music. Both of those are copyrighted and almost certainly not under free licenses like the other tracks.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat May 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Meh. I'm pretty sure the only way a legal issue could arise is if I used this mod commercially. Plus, I really doubt either company would care, especially since I didn't acquire either sound illegally (eg through torrents)- the Alarm sound came from a free soundboard site (which is linked), and I ripped the battle song from a YouTube video, actually :P Your point is still valid, but I would be more worried if this was a commercial game (one separate from Lugaru, of course) instead of a personal modification.

tl;dr - Can't be bothered to due to minimal risk. Of course, if I get a nice letter in the mail threatening a lawsuit, I will replace the sounds ;)

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sat May 22, 2010 10:32 pm

Well, you could just ask the representive owner for permission.
I am sure that, as you inclined, they won't mind since it's non-commercial and you will just use it as in-game music for a game you bought.

However, sharing the music with others is another case.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat May 22, 2010 10:35 pm

That is true. I suppose I could write an e-mail to Ubisoft :v

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sat May 22, 2010 10:37 pm

Ah, nevermind... Don't expect anything from Ubisoft.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun May 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Hah, I'll keep that in mind.

Also; this is compatible with any mod, not just vanilla Lugaru. I don't wanna blow my own horn, but I had a blast playing through Temple and Empire with the new soundtrack ;)

Note: If you do install this to Empire or Temple, make sure that you do not replace the Lugaru.png in your Textures folder: both mods already have their own custom title screens, which is helpful for knowing which mod you're actually playing :P

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun May 23, 2010 5:44 pm

I enjoyed playing with this music too :). However it's not totally compatible yet... in the Universal Binary (and maybe the linux?) versions, all the music is in ogg format, not mp3, so you might want to include those formats as well.

Otherwise, glad to know I'm not the only one changing the music for the game :D

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu May 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Hmm, noted. I'll change all of the file types to .ogg for one of the versions, then, since that seems to work universally :)

EDIT: K, uploaded the Linux/Universal Binary version. I've also set up links to each author's audio page on Newgrounds, so make sure to check them out- they have some pretty sweet songs that you can listen to and download for free.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:36 am

I realized that it is a pain to download these files off of mediafire... so I've uploaded them to my server, and will keep them online as long as I keep my site up!

Here's new links for you:

mp3 versions
ogg versions