Fire Won't Appear

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Chalky
Location: The Arctic. Hangin' with Captain Crozier and Silence.

Re: Fire Won't Appear

Post by Chalky » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:25 pm

Thanks, dialogue is kinda pissing me off. It would be great if you could help me out.

A cliffhanger is a good idea, I haven't really plotted out the whole story yet I try to write it in :D.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:46 pm

Dudes. I just found out a permanent fix to the disappearing fire bug.

Load the level you want to put some fire in. Add the fire. It can be of any parameters, it doesn't matter. It can be up in the air or anywhere. Now save. Load the level. It's not there, but that's okay. Go somewhere, anywhere in the map and add another object. That object can be anything, preferably something that won't draw on the framerate, like a box. Place it way on the edge of the map so your players won't find it. Now go back to where you want to have the player start the level or whatever and save. Then load. The fire will be visible!! This works when you manually load a level with the console, choose it from the challenge selection screen, or if your level automatically loads it because you beat the previous one.

This worked on my Mac, so I have no idea if it will work on anyone else's. Please let me know, I'm curious.

Edit: I would imagine that this means that if you place the fire early, (like kehaar said), then build your level around it, it will work as well. To sum it up: Your fire object can't be the last object you place on your map.

ChosenOne

Post by ChosenOne » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:48 pm

The plot sounds nice, chalky. Go for it!

Chalky
Location: The Arctic. Hangin' with Captain Crozier and Silence.

Post by Chalky » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:12 pm

Thanks.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:50 am

Untadaike wrote:To sum it up: Your fire object can't be the last object you place on your map.
Wow, good find!

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:30 pm

Wow... don't know how I missed people making more campaigns for so long... but if either of you making a campaign would like custom music for it, let me know. (I'm always happy to make more Lugaru music... when I have time...)

Either way, I can't wait to see some new campaigns! I always like seeing what people create!