Lugaru: Star Wars mod!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
feline monstrosity

Lugaru: Star Wars mod!

Post by feline monstrosity » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:35 am

Hi all.

I was trying out Lotus Wolf's weapon mods when the lightsaber caught my eye. Trying it out was fun, but it didn't feel at all like wielding a lightsaber, so I modified all the sword sounds to make it sound like one, and then for added awesome I changed the music to some Star Warsy music. The effect was so unbelievable awesome that I simply had to post it here! I tried to take a video, but I couldn't get the sound to work, which defeats the point, so you'll just have to play it to experience it.

Credit goes to Lotus Wolf for the lightsaber model and texture. Lucas Arts are responsible for all the sound and music, and naturally I couldn't get their permission to use them, so this mod may not be entirely strictly speaking legal.
If a mod asks me to remove this from download due to legal reasons I will not hesitate to do so.

<Download>

To play: download and install files, then play on Challenge Level 9. I haven't created my own campaign because I'm far too lazy (but if someone else feels like making some levels to add to it that would be amazing. You could create Mos Eisely with a cantina, and Hoth, and...)

Enjoy!
~Feline Monstrosity
Last edited by feline monstrosity on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lotus Wolf

Re: Lugaru: Star Wars mod!

Post by Lotus Wolf » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:14 am

Glad you like the lightsaber, the model's not that great, but with some texture work and perhaps a new model to work with it could be better.

As for how legal your mod is, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Welcome to the forums!

feline monstrosity

Re: Lugaru: Star Wars mod!

Post by feline monstrosity » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:25 am

Perhaps, but models and textures aren't my forte. I did try and edit the texture actually but it came out looking worse!