Lugaru Map Pack?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
TheGreatBug

Lugaru Map Pack?

Post by TheGreatBug » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:57 am

I think Wolfire should release a paid Lugaru map pack. I'd definitely buy it, especially if it included a lot of levels. They could even be tied into the storyline, maybe in the time between the Lugaru and Overgrowth stories.

Precastwig

Re: Lugaru Map Pack?

Post by Precastwig » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:14 pm

What would be the point in working on DLC for lugaru when that is time they could spend on bringing us overgrowth. There is no point in doing it, if they wanted to they would have already.

Also
Download the user created story lines. They're fun to play

TheGreatBug

Post by TheGreatBug » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:29 pm

It wouldn't take up much time. Plus it'd be awesome to have an official map pack. The user-created ones are great, but one in the official story would be better. It would also be another source of money to help them make Overgrowth.

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:03 am

Have you tinkered with Lugaru's map editing tools (Or lack thereof)? Saying it's a complete pain in the ass would be a serious understatement. Lots of users have released a ton of new maps in nice downloadable map packs, including myself. (As well as the glorious user-created campaigns, that, in some people's opinion, exceed the original). Overgrowth is going to take ages as it is and the last thing I want is for them to get sidetracked trying to keep Lugaru interesting. The fans are here for that. If you search around you should be able to come across the user stuff. I'm too lazy.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:50 am

The original story isn't particularly flexible. It feels pointless to add to it.

A complete conversion, on the other hand, is more attractive for everyone involved. It's also more work though.