Swords suck!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
TailKinker

Swords suck!

Post by TailKinker » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:27 pm

It is nearly impossible to score a hit with a sword. The best use I got out of it is stabbing a wolf while it's down. Any suggestions?

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Re: Swords suck!

Post by rudel_ic » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:58 pm

Stun with flip, kill with sword. Success!

Noz

Post by Noz » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:57 pm

There are so many ways to kill with a sword.

If you are good enough, you can take anyone head on with a sword.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm

Swords are amazing unless you're going up against 4+ enemies.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:01 am

hold down the attack button, if the enemy dodges repeat, if the enemy is hit, repeat. repeat until death of enemy, always keep your distance.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:13 pm

If they reverse your attack, be sure to reverse as well so that you maintain control of the sword.

[insertusernamehere]

Post by [insertusernamehere] » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:35 pm

Swords are, in my opinion, the best weapon in the game. Try moving forward while attacking, and you should practice counter-reversals to avoid losing your sword. Also, if it is sword x sword, you need to keep clicking rapidly until he loses his sword. Although you have a passive parry, your sword still flies out of your hand unless you click.

And I agree with Noz.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:13 am

moving forwards actually isn't too great of an idea as it might get you too close and then they can counter, if you stay on the defensive they either dodge or take the hit as opposed to dodging, taking the hit, or reversing you which of course might end in them having the sword.

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:51 pm

Another hint: move forward and to the side of the enemy, like you're sidestepping into their attack at about 45 degrees. This puts a nice slash across their chest and is very hard for them to reverse.

Makes the sword ridiculously overpowered, really. ...why you don't see it much in most of the modders' campaigns. All the challenge drops right out of fighting if you have it. Sort of nice at first, though, I will admit. :wink:

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:11 pm

Funny story, when I first played the game I didn't know how to use the sword, and as an extension of that, I did not use it, instead I beat the entire campaign from the point when I got the sword onwards, with my bare hands, wolf den was hard.

DJisbored

Post by DJisbored » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Count Roland wrote:Funny story, when I first played the game I didn't know how to use the sword, and as an extension of that, I did not use it, instead I beat the entire campaign from the point when I got the sword onwards, with my bare hands, wolf den was hard.
I did the exact same thing.

After practicing with the sword though it's gotten hard to actually find a challenge in the bots. I like sword vs sword, and instead of finishing the AIs, I'll let them pick up their swords when I knock it out of their hands (only killing them when I get a hit while they're still carrying the sword). but that also gets annoying because sometimes they forget to pick up the sword, and then it becomes a battle of trying NOT to kill them.

Swords in the game are either useless or ridiculously overpowered, depending on how used to them you are. There isn't a lot of middle ground. I guess you don't really survive a lot of stabs to the chest irl though...

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:37 pm

hahaha yeah I always go to challenge level nine and try to have epic sword battles.